Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst week in my memory

Worst week in my memory

for the image of the US.

Trump has spent the past week kicking our allies and getting on his knees to our enemy. Disgraceful---Trump has shinny lips and the entire country is embarrassed.

From the WSJ:

WASHINGTON—Top congressional Republicans sharply criticized President Donald Trump Monday after he cast doubt on Russian interference in the 2016 election during a press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning regarding future elections,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.), who often advocates for Mr. Trump on Capitol Hill, said on Twitter Monday. “This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves.”

Standing next to Mr. Putin, Mr. Trump said he trusted the Russian president’s denial that Moscow had interfered in the 2016 presidential campaign and didn’t take an opportunity to warn Mr. Putin against future meddling.

“I have great confidence in my intelligence people but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Mr. Trump said. During the press conference, Mr. Putin said he had wanted Mr. Trump to win the election but that his country didn’t meddle in the campaign.

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R., Wis.), who is retiring at year’s end, pushed back on Mr. Trump’s assessment Monday afternoon.

“There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world,” Mr. Ryan said in a statement. “The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally.”
    No wonder you boys have been silent

I've said this before and I will say it again---I know how business works in Russia and I am more convinced everyday there are videos of Trump as well as pictures.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    OK I'm still figuring out what to think, PMSNBC says one thing FOX says another, so still making up my mind.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Actually, your so indoctrinated from all the propaganda that's fed to you & that your told you need to believe in....WSJ is not exactly a shining news rag without it's left leaning thought police...

Trump is showing the world he's a leader and not a follower, not bowing to the "leader" of a country the size of Manhattan that once ruled 1/4 of the earth.....that country is over ran by milk toast politicians who bow to everybody and nobody respects them any more....nobody.....

Obama was who was sucking the units of our enemies and licking the boots of our alias...he's nothing more than a puppet and one of the worst presidents America has ever had....we were embarqssed to be an American under is lack of leadership, now under Trump's he's a real leader....

Who gives a **** what the old school GOP talking heads say, they are as bad as the Democrats, the more people in DC that hate Trump and talk ****, the better president he is and your to blind to see how that works. How the American people you think are stupid elected him and how they will re elect Trump....all due to actions from Democrats and people like yourself.

You might not like how Trump is flexing the American muscle, but that's ok, your benefiting from it and slowly learning......

You know Russia, you know Clinton and Obama are as guilty as hell about working with Russia...and that it's ignored and overlooked....Russia **** was going on long before Trump, but it's all his fault now, always looking for a whipping boy that's not your politically correct one...

Suck up the kool aid pal
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Don't like WSJ? Ok, how about FOX News:Putin eats Trump's lunch in Helsinki.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Just make up our minds, first the Dems howl and scream because Trump says something and now they howl and scream if he doesn't?

First off, do they think that Russia does not know exactly what has been said DAILY in the media? Do you think that the Russians have not heard what Trump has said about them? What is it going to do if Trump would give Putin an ass reaming on live TV?

Lastly, if you know how business works in Russia, I bet Trump does too. So the whole we have video and pics deal is nothing but a wet dream in the Dems heads.

As far as the "collusion" nonsense, since TRUMP IS NOT A POLITICIAN, he does not need to keep a political face on things like the rest of the circus acts do. That kind of silliness is why Trump was elected, he will use it to get one more term and there is no lesson the rabid followers of the left will not learn until then. Maybe a good thrashing in the mid terms will wake a few up , but articles written by left wing pundits have inflamed the right, keep doing it and writing it and your losses will continue to mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Doug Schoen used to work for Clinton, I expect that from him. And of course there is Lyndsey Graham rattling his jaws, that is expected as well.

Trump is selling us down the tubes to the Ruskies. I have no respect for him or his crap at all
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Hate to re-hash old news but, the hilda beast sold Russia our uranium. Pray tell me, just what has Trump sold them ?. And how is he selling us down the tubes ?.

He railed against our " allies " buying Russian gas over U.S. gas. I'm actually surprised that wasn't brought up by putin during the meeting. So he said that putin was believable saying that Russia did not interfere in the election. Don't believe him and maby Trump doesn't either but, Trump may just be becoming a bit more of a politician and knows when to lie to defuse what could be a less than ideal situation. He has been vocal about Russia advancing into other Countries and their support of the Syrian leadership and their gas usage.

And to continue the rant. During the meeting between Chris Wallace and putin, wallace brought up the deaths of putin descenters. A good question but, I have yet to hear of anyone in the news asking the same question of hillary or bill and it would take to long to type the names of those who are no longer with us after a fallout with them.

So, I guess what I am trying , without much success , to say is. While the trip could have been better, I don't think it was any worse than any meetings the last two Presidents have had with other heads of state.

I don't know guys you act like he should have just punched Putin in the nose. There are more ways to fight a battle then to magnify hostility's. We're doing the same thing to him as we have to dozens of other country's. We talk about needing compromise here but I guess we don't need it there? There were far more important things to talk about than to ruin the whole summit from the start. Putin isn't going to back down and piss himself because he got accused of screwing with our crooked elections. Have any of you supported a president in your life time? You all hated Trump before he started, he has never had a chance and if he does get something done you all will be just like the dems you'll trash him good or bad. I think I'd rather drink the kool aid for a bit then to live with the hate and anger you mostly all carry around just like the dems. We're killing ourselves, we are so busy hating each other that the first Hitler that stops by may need to run for office.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Oh my gosh the drama the travail Trump has Miss spoken oh my gosh he stuck his foot in his mouth well you know he could have said things differently but you know when Obama was whispering to the Russian guy saying hey just let me get reelected and we'll talk about it please tell Vladimir everybody thought that was cool. I'm amazed all these Hawks that are now suddenly popping up in the Democratic Party hell I'm all with you let's go get those damn Russians and take them out. But you know the truth of the matter is you can't have it both ways. Hypocrisy abounds and it's sickening.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Trump is selling us down the tubes to the Ruskies. I have no respect for him or his crap at all
    I hope you really don't mean that. But I suspect you do. That's sad
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Suck up the kool aid pal
    The only Kool-Aid you're drinking today is hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What, who gives a **** what Douglas Schoen writes in a opinion piece he's a old school lobbyist, part of the swamp that needs drained and who at one time was a hard core Democrat & changes as the wind blows....controversy piece such as this is what pays his bills.....

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Just remember, when the sun goes down and when it comes up the next morning.....

He is still the President of the US of A......

It's easy to talk **** about somebody when your not in his shoes.....