Thread: Poppy done well

Poppy done well

...at least the grandchildren think so

My wife and I met at the cottage on Thursday. She came from Maryland with the four grandchildren (13, 11, 9, & 7). They came up for the 148th opening of the Lycoming County Fair. That was an easy one!

Friday they decided they wanted to go fishing---now the pressure was on!

It has been dry here and the streams and river are low---so I decided to try upstream of a dam on the Susquehanna River where the water level would be unaltered. It worked! They all caught fish, with the 7 year old (girl) leading the pack. All were blue gills with the exception of one rock bass---again by the 7 year old. The size seemed to not matter---something, anything, on their hook was the stimulus for smiles and a great afternoon!

I have to say that I felt great relief when that first fish was caught---the pressure was off at that point
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Fishing is always good. The catching is sometimes not so good. You caught fish and made some good memories.

I have to say that I felt great relief when that first fish was caught---the pressure was off at that point
    The third time I took him the pressure was off?
    This is your mind on drugs!