Thread: So how long will it be

So how long will it be

Before the left-wing body politic begins to attack the Supreme Court. I predict not too long. Are we heading for a war an internal War or is it already here.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I believe it is very close, nobody has any "rights" any longer, everything offends somebody, and we can no longer talk to each other like adults.

When the ruling class can commit all manner of crime and get nothing but rich we're close to something.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I believe it is very close, nobody has any "rights" any longer, everything offends somebody, and we can no longer talk to each other like adults.
    You ignore a larger problem James----we don't listen to each other like adults. Using Trump as an example----who is convinced he is the smartest guy in the world---why would he spend time listening to anyone?

So------I suggest the way to avoid continued distancing we need to do two things----speak and listen with respect---pretty simple solution---but I suffer no delusions.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I do understand that Dave, I have made it through most of my life without depending on somebody telling me how good they are. Everybody thinks they are the greatest and most times I do not have a problem with their delusions of grandeur. Raised in the construction industry and the oilfield where what you write down on an application for employment, or how loud and how much you brag in a group meant nothing. When the chips were down and you had to actually make things happen, is where one earned their wings. If you told us how smart and good you were the day before, you were damn sure going to prove it with actions. If somebody else had to pull your slack, because the job had to be finished, you might be preaching to a different choir the next day.

I still live by those rules, don't tell me what you can do, show me. Rule number two was "If you cant work, you cant stay".

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Raised in the construction industry and the oilfield where what you write down on an application for employment, or how loud and how much you brag in a group meant nothing. When the chips were down and you had to actually make things happen, is where one earned their wings. If you told us how smart and good you were the day before, you were damn sure going to prove it with actions. If somebody else had to pull your slack, because the job had to be finished, you might be preaching to a different choir the next day.

I still live by those rules, don't tell me what you can do, show me. Rule number two was "If you cant work, you cant stay".
    I started in construction 50 years ago, got rich got poor got rich stayed poor. I for the last thirty years always went in as lead or foreman yada yada yada because of my experience. Never had trouble finding help twenty years ago, never trouble finding help that would actually work I should say. Now OMG beside inflation/time the pricing on building has skyrocketed. It takes eight people to do what four used to do. With the quotas %15 are standing over at the water cooler, another %15 are hiding and smoking a joint, another %15 are trying to figure out what a sky hook is and what's left are trying to get finished before the penety's kick in. I miss it all the time, the work part anyway. Except for a few big projects commercial that is I was making more money in 83 than I was making two years ago.Had I known I was going to end up broke and homeless anyway I'd have stayed a grunt. The state of affairs is caving in everywhere.
    This is your mind on drugs!