Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thought on the Political Division.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Because something becomes a talking point that doesn't mean there is any truth in it. Trump, in particular, knows that if he tells a lie often enough eventually people will begin to believe it.

It's a bit like wearing out the truth
    I agree with you. But that little ditty can be applied to any and every politician, news organization and the MSM. Remember the rounds I went with people trying to show that the media's lies about fracing were mostly made up and that there was not millions of gallons of toxic chemicals being used secretly. As soon as the laws were put into place where everyone could see the truth, that issue went away like a fart in a high wind.

As soon as the laws were put into place where everyone could see the truth, that issue went away like a fart in a high wind.
    Give that some thought James----"it" went away when the companies were forced to provide factual information---which they had steadfastly refused. Don't demonize the wrong players.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Just like everything else, the truth is pretty easy to find, but the media have made it an art to dramatize everything to the point of starting a war. Politicians have found a way to harness the media to gain attention for themselves. What they say does not need to be necessarily true, or even hint at being something big, and the media will blow it up to fan the flames for their team.

That is why I said I agreed with you, just think back at the biggest lie the American people were ever told....If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. It was used by over half of our Congress for a couple of years and the media still won't tell us how big of a bunch of hooey that was.

All sides do it, the media helps them by repeating it and you and I get stuck with the results of the outhouse exploding.

If you hate the media so much why do you watch it?

Bo. it is kind of hard to miss, since even movies and tv shows are wrapped up into politics. Billboards on highways, radio, stock market, jobs, everything revolves around how the monkeys in DC are doing things. The only thing I have ever wanted was the truth, dont give me the reason for what you did, just tell me what you did. Real simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Give that some thought James----"it" went away when the companies were forced to provide factual information---which they had steadfastly refused. Don't demonize the wrong players.
    As I recall I said if anybody wanted to see a frac job up close I could have done it at the time. Luckily you had one in your cabins backyard to watch for yourself and got to talk to the actual people yourself. I truly hope they took all of the fears you might have had away.

How did your granddaughters report turn out? Hope she got an "A" and taught the other students something.

As I recall she did get an A.

Watching a fracking operation does nothing to expose the components of the soup James---you could watch all day and know nothing about what is in that fluid.

You can deny all day long the value of an independent press---but you will not get me to agree. PLEASE---don't come back with some thought that FOX is an independent source---they are Trump's organ---period---they are no more than CNN turned inside out.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Just walk up and ask them, they will tell you, it is really not a big secret, that was done by the media to put the (insert scary halloween music here) scare into the mix. Happens all of the time. Getting way off topic here but think about this for just a second...the crude oil itself is pretty toxic if you think about it, much more of that was going to come out than any chemical they ever pumped down. Okay, sorry for the diversion, back on topic.