Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought on the Political Division.......

Despise his persona....explain, I'm simple....

I never liked him, he was a pompous asshole, but I respected him for what he has accomplished.....did not want him president....but supported and voted for him...

He talked to the working people, was not a politician and not a insider/politician.....When he talks he was roung around the edged, not polished, but I liked what he said....

Just like in the military, actions and not words, politic ins lie every time they open tier mouth....I look at deeds, accomplishments & the who is against the person....

Trump has accompanied more than Obama and Bush combined....and it's not over yet.....Trump is trying to unify America....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Hate is a poor choice of words---I despise his persona, even while agreeing with a lot of things he has done.

The real issue here, is that many are unable to argue a philosophical point without attacking the individual. I, as well as you, are allowed different points of view without having to insult and belittle each other as a result. That point seems difficult for some to internalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    ...........Trump is trying to unify America....
    Haven't seen that at all.

More of a divide than unifying the country. But then you can show all those actions(uniting) where he's done that.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Have to agree with Dork, Trump was not my first choice, I liked Ben Carson. As it went along and the "career politicians" started to gang up on him and he swung back, he earned my respect. I do not feel bad for somebody when they talk a bunch of crap and then get all butt hurt when it comes flying back at them. The whole bunch on the left has been against him since the day he won the nomination and the media and the Obama folks were just plain disgusting with their onslaught of attacks.

As the election wore on it became apparent that the corruption among ALL politicians was starting to make itself a shining star. It solidified my backing of Trump even more. If he was going to be attacked unmercifully, as well as his family, I was going to back him completely. As the Russia BS took over all politics, I started to get livid, everybody was ignoring that Obama and his people and the ex sec of state were completely forgetting that what she did was highly illegal. Emails sent and received from devices that the govt could not track is a crime. The DOJ and FBI, as we know now, were complicit in the corruption and those people should be held accountable and serve jail time.

To have the media disrespect the office like they do, and to have members of Congress as well as their aids and interns shouting out "F... You" at POTUS as he walks into the building, is beyond the pale. Having sitting Congress members not speak out about the disrespect being shown by their followers and actually encouraging them to make the Trump peoples lives miserable is inexcusable. Somebody has to be the adult and tell their people to play nice, especially when their so called message is supposed to be tolerance.

Fred, what would have happened if our side treated Obama the exact same way they are treating Trump? We got called racist for simply disagreeing with some of his policies, if we had followed his admin and treated them the way that the media has treated Sarah Sanders and a few others, we would all be jailed. What if one of us had said that Obama's daughters needed to be kidnapped and put in a cage with pedophiles? Is any of that even remotely 'unifying" in your book?

Give the guy a fair shake, if he makes things worse, have at him. But to just attack every single day over silly things that for the most part are outright lies, that too is not unifying.

As to his persona---I have known Trump for a long time and I have seen him destroy people---hard working honest people---without a shred of regret. There is not one word comes out of that man's mouth that I will take at face value. I find him personally disgusting and unworthy of any respect.

As for unifying America----I adamantly disagree---he has done more to tear us apart than anyone in my memory---even Obama.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You personally know Trump, have sat at the table and broken bread with him....talked to him personally.......

Not a business.......but personally know him.....

As to his persona---I have known Trump for a long time and I have seen him destroy people---hard working honest people---without a shred of regret. There is not one word comes out of that man's mouth that I will take at face value. I find him personally disgusting and unworthy of any respect.

As for unifying America----I adamantly disagree---he has done more to tear us apart than anyone in my memory---even Obama.
    What has he done to tear the country apart.....specific examples.....

We could fill a book with Obama's hatred and prejudices and how he has driven the race haters to this extreme now.....how he would rather put men in women's bathrooms than respect and take care of American citizens....

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Haven't seen that at all.

More of a divide than unifying the country. But then you can show all those actions(uniting) where he's done that.

What has he does to divide the country....specifics......

Nothing.. He is perfect. you now have the perfect president. Sleep well.

There is nobody that is going to unify us, nobody. If a republican gets in he is hated before he opens his mouth and vice-versa. What somebody anybody is doing right the first day is wrong the second day once the mouth pieces get started. As bad as this sounds we are going to need some horrendous **** to go down before anybody even starts to think that it's their hate that is doing it. I think we are in a very dangerous place when we allow movie stars and peace corp workers running the country and you can pick the other side. Like I said somewhere else hate doesn't work, even if it is well placed it won't land in the right spot. Besides it's the people that need to unify. It's the rich and the poor fighting the middle class, the poor and the middle class are the ones that are going to get screwed, as always. Maybe we can start a war, that will work for a little while...hey wait weren't we suppose to invade Mexico last week?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Nothing.. He is perfect. you now have the perfect president. Sleep well.
    Call me,I'll buy you a drink...coffee, Ice Tea, water, beer, whatever ya want.....anyplace ya want.....

droidak47@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    You personally know Trump, have sat at the table and broken bread with him....talked to him personally.......

Not a business.......but personally know him.....

What has he done to tear the country apart.....specific examples.....

We could fill a book with Obama's hatred and prejudices and how he has driven the race haters to this extreme now.....how he would rather put men in women's bathrooms than respect and take care of American citizens....
    I'm not going to spend time with a detailed answer to that but my contact with him obviously was business---something I stopped years ago.

As for breaking of bread---I don't slop with pigs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Have to agree with Mike, nobody is going to be able to unify us right now without a major downfall. It has sunk to the level of "just disagree with everything the other side does". Now we have politicians telling their lemmings to shout down the other side and to harass them everywhere they go, that is disgusting. Cutting off the freedom of speech, the basic right in America is not going to help anybody's cause. Once those who are doing the shouting down, they get the idea they can shout down everyone, the left will find that out soon.

In the good book there is a thing called forgiveness, maybe we need to concentrate on some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    It has sunk to the level of "just disagree with everything the other side does".
    That's nothing new. You've been doing that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That's nothing new. You've been doing that for years.
    But I show reasons that I came to that conclusion, whether it be because it goes against my Constitutional rights or is picking my pocket. The left just does it because they want to, big difference.

Have you noticed that the left is more concerned about everybody from other Countries and not the American people who they are elected to support?

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Have you noticed that the left is more concerned about everybody from other Countries and not the American people who they are elected to support?
    Because something becomes a talking point that doesn't mean there is any truth in it. Trump, in particular, knows that if he tells a lie often enough eventually people will begin to believe it.

It's a bit like wearing out the truth

Way back when you could argue and at the end of the day shake hands and be done with it. If things got real bad you'd go out back and punch each other in the nose but you could usually still have a beer together later. What's happening now is not going to end with a handshake it's going to take one hell of a fist fight and the ones fighting won't even be the ones that started anything. Take this anyway you want but I am sorely pissed off that I can't be out there begging some stupid SOB to throw me out of some where. I haven't felt like this in thirty years but, again, I would love to be toe to toe with some lunitic wanting to harass me because of Trump and I don't even like him.
    This is your mind on drugs!