Thread: Quite The Time........

Quite The Time........

Went to the big city for real Sushi and Ice Cream.......

As we are setting at a stoplight in the left lane...here comes a Tahoe missing its entire bumper & driving like a total asshole....

I drive the truck up on the median/curb as this thing comes to a screeching stop inches from our bumper....and keep pulling up onto the median....

He manages to split the lane going between us and the car next to us....and ran a 8 lane red light almost hitting a couple more vehicles....

Light turns green....he is head of us, so I get his plate number and call 911....

Guy runs another 4 lane red light as we pull up behind him.....

Light turns green....911 says not to follow...I'm like I'm on the horn with you, will keep them in observation if medical is needed due to the way they are driving....

Dispatch not happy....do not follow....

Guy ran 2 more red lights....

Told dispatch......

location, direction of travel and such.....keeping a running commentary as I know we are being recorded....

Dispatch asked if we have any firearms....I reply yes....

silence......

Was asked to please stop following the vehicle it could be dangerous. I replied I'm not following him, I'm driving down the road behind him looking for injured people....

Silence.....

Was told units are on the way.....

Have lost sight of the vehicle, he was gone.....

Told dispatch.....

Came around the corner and 4 units had him stopped, was never told...but then again did not expect to be told...

Parked, approached a officer just after they put the driver in a police car...handcuffed....

Had to do a statement....

Turns out pot smell was very strong, lots of empty beer cans....no idea if he was high or not...had quite a few tattoos, some on head/neck but could not make them out...

Could not speak English, no ID, DL or any form of vehicle information....he spoke Spanish...and one of the officers also spoke Spanish and said he could not understand him....

Was told they are arresting him, talking him in and will try to ID & if they need anything they will be in contact....

Got to love a night out for Sushi and Ice Cream.........

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    But here in CA they get drivers licence.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.