Thread: Unusal read for me

Unusal read for me

A few weeks ago I was working one evening in my hotel room and PBS was on the TV. I found myself pulled into an interview of a young woman who spoke of a most unconventional upbringing.

The mater of fact manner in which she spoke pulled me away from my work and I turned my full attention to the interview.

I was so drawn to her story that when the interview was over and before I went back to work I had ordered the book.

Last weekend I read the book. Oddly, some of the characters here made the book more believable.

For reasons I am not going to get into here, the book has had a profound impact on me.

Make your own decision about reading it. For those both curious and open minded, I think you will find it well written and moving.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-09-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I love her so far, every part of her. Her views, opinions, especially on education, as far as I'm concerned she has it nailed. You bet i'll read it
    This is your mind on drugs!

I think I've read half her book already, she has saturated the web or should I say people have saturated the web with her beliefs on education for one and for the fact that she says she over all had a good childhood. "Why that can't be!!!""Don't you think you were brain washed?" and so on. Thanks Dave no budget for a book right now but I'll come across it. Very intriguing woman, her scolding her baby sitter (for lack of a better word) from Cambridge was magnificent. And then him admitting that in that short time he had actually changed his mine on a lot on what our education system does to our kids.
    This is your mind on drugs!