Thread: Anthony Bourdain RIP

Anthony Bourdain RIP

Dead of suicide at 61 in France

Such a shame. I liked his Parts Unknown series.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    On the news suicides are becoming more on the rise.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Never did see him do any cooking and watched a couple of his shows......

Rumor going around is that suicide is a polite way of saying he accidentally killed himself by asphyxiophilia, autoerotic asphyxia, hypoxyphilia.

I like the shows I found them quite informative and entertaining. No doubt he lived a jaded life. Godspeed to him he was one of a kind
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

'Parts Unknown' was so much more than a 'foodie' show, it was some of the best Journalism available today. Food was just the perfect vehicle with which to tell the story of a culture. What I loved about Bourdain was that he would never shy away from showing and telling the 'bad' side of a story.
    In the episode on the Mississippi Delta, he didn't hesitate for a second to tell the most important part of the story... racism in the South.
    I also loved the episode from Sicily where they take him diving for Octopus, when they don't find any, his hosts begin 'seeding' the sea floor with frozen octopus to make for the photo-op. Bourdain would have none of it... he made sure his camera crew photographed this and made sure it was not left out on the cutting room floor. He was pissed! I loved that honesty. Too much 'journalism' is made for TV these days.

I deleted my previous post, I definitely shouldn't be spreading rumors, especially unsubstantiated ones. Unless it's about democrats.
    RIP Anthony, I hope you've finally beat the demons.
    This is your mind on drugs!