Thread: CA primary election

CA primary election

I voted to toss the lifers out. No one that had served more than one term in office got my vote.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

With the exception of a few local politicians whom I personally know AND approve of, that's the same thing I've been doing for years...If they're in, they're out......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    With the exception of a few local politicians whom I personally know AND approve of, that's the same thing I've been doing for years...If they're in, they're out......Ben
    Now, if we could just convince everyone else to do that.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Just voted and looks like a mumble jumbo list of candidates running. Just vote who our local Republican party group says to.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    Just vote who our local Republican party group says to.
    Exactly the problem with our political system. Too many can't think for themselves and simply vote for who they are told to by their party....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    Just vote who our local Republican party group says to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Too many can't think for themselves and simply vote for who they are told to by their party....
    Ummm, guys?...This was a primary election, and assuming Billy voted in the Republican primary then somewhere between 100% and 105% of the candidates were Republican...No choice but to vote for a Republican......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Ummm, guys?...This was a primary election, and assuming Billy voted in the Republican primary then somewhere between 100% and 105% of the candidates were Republican...No choice but to vote for a Republican......Ben
    Nope it's an open Primary in CA all parties and their candidates are on everyones ballot. the top two vote getters regardless of party affiliation move on to the general election
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Nope it's an open Primary in CA all parties and their candidates are on everyones ballot. the top two vote getters regardless of party affiliation move on to the general election
    So are you saying that if the top two office-seekers are both Communists, and they get the most votes, then the California voters are left to choose between two Communists in the election?...That could explain quite a lot about California politics......Ben

Seems like most things out there are very different from the rest of the Country Ben. I agree it does explain some of the "strange characters" that people have for their reps.

From what I've read and been told, if your a illegal alien in Calif, you can run for state and local office, you can vote in local elections.....you can hold local office....

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    From what I've read and been told, if your a illegal alien in Calif, you can run for state and local office, you can vote in local elections.....you can hold local office....
    Um no that is not correct

In 2015, Brown signed the New Motor Voter law. By April, it will automatically register DMV customers to vote when they renew or obtain a driver’s license or fill out change of address forms, unless the customer opts-out.

Under the law, the DMV would electronically send information for those eligible to register to vote -- which does not include undocumented residents -- to the California Secretary of State’s Office. That office would, in turn, verify name and citizenship information. A spokesman for that office did not respond to requests for comment this week.

In the past, however, Secretary of State Alex Padilla has pledged the new system will be an improvement over the existing one.

"Automated voter registration is actually a more secure way of doing things," Padilla told the Huffington Post in 2015. Potential voters "have to demonstrate proof of age, the vast majority of time people are showing a birth certificate or a passport, which also reflects citizenship. That’s arguably more secure than someone checking a box under penalty of perjury."

from the Conservative "Weekly Standard" https://tinyurl.com/y8k8l2g8