Thread: Cost now vs. post election

Cost now vs. post election

Gots me another question for all y’all “ in the know “ people.

If, the unthinkable happens, which is likely, and the Democrat Party retakes the House and Senate. Do y’all think that an effort to enact new gun control laws will push the prices of weapons upward ?. Or will any attempt to make new and more restrictive laws have no effect on prices?.
    My concern is with hand guns, not the BIG BAD ASSULT RIFLE AR 15 type.

It's likely there will be many more attempts to restrict firearm ownership, but many Democrats recall how their numbers in the legislative bodies were decimated by voters after their disastrous (and ultimately failed) passage of the so-called "assault weapon ban" (God how I hate that misleading term), and the Brady Act which was passed by a knee-jerking Congress mostly because of the emotion-ridden attachment of James Brady's name......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Possibly, but there are not as many folks out there as the media would have you to believe, unless they are all congregated in a few areas.

Weapons were in a very low market and the prices were very nice just after the election. I think that was because there was a huge stock up with all of the Distributors anticipating that Clinton would be elected and maybe there could be some controls put in place. Once Trump was elected they had a huge stock of firearms and really nowhere to go with them since the law was not going to change. Since that time in light of the Las Vegas tragedy and the tragedy in Texas and the tragedy in Nashville and the tragedy in Florida and obviously gun control issues being front and foremost I have seen weapon prices increased tremendously in the last 60 to 90 days. so for what it's worth yes they're going up.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.