Thread: When does the madness stop

When does the madness stop

Clinton was impeached for lying. Flynn was convicted for lying. McCabe was removed from office for lying. Others in this ongoing Russia investigation have been convicted for lying. When the hell are they going to get somebody for committing an actual criminal violation other than lying to the FBI. It seems to be pretty clear to me but that's all the FBI does. I don't know how many of you here watched the Comey interview. I not only watched the interview I read the entire transcript. This man is a narcissist on the level of trump they are all of the same ilk. Former director Comey has about as much credibility as a heroin dealer facing conviction unless he or she gives up somebody. This whole damn thing is such a joke.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I agree, even the Dems are hammering that interview as being nothing but a bunch of talking points. I hear it was 5 hours long but was heavily edited, I assume to get the point across that ABC wanted to push.

As far as all of the rest of the FBI clowns and their special investigators, it is all a bunch of hooey. Mueller and his pitbulls, especially Weisman, are a joke. All one has to do is look at how bad they screwed up the Enron scandal. All of their work was overturned and those jailed were set free. I do not see how anybody could look at the big picture, without the "I hate Trump" mask on, but the blindfold of justice, and see if the political party stamp in front of the names would make a difference.

They need to start with Stryk and Page, put them in jail for their actions. Grab McCabe and Comey next and then give Rosenstein a pair of bracelets. Weed out all of the bias and BS and corruption that is in all of our law enforcement agency and start over.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I'm sorry I couldn't see what you were trying to say
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

He's tongue tied.
    This is your mind on drugs!

It is unfortunate but, unless he can come up with a better response other than ... I am afraid I will not , in good conscience, be able to cast my vote for Bo in the next Presidential Election. Tis a sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    It is unfortunate but, unless he can come up with a better response other than ... I am afraid I will not , in good conscience, be able to cast my vote for Bo in the next Presidential Election. Tis a sad day.
    It's merely a matter of educating yourself enough to understand his accent...For the right incentive, Bo will say whatever is necessary to gain your confidence at the polling place...Not voting for Phillbo because of his speech impediment is a clear violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and labels you as being prejudiced against the obviously handicapped...

As Bo's campaign manager at each Presidential cycle, I can assure the voters that a ballot cast for Phillbo will not be regretted as you remember the performances of his predecessors......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Uht oh, now the line has been crossed and Bo's campaign manager has awoken to the attacks on his candidate. This could rival the Stormy Daniels fiasco....

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Uht oh, now the line has been crossed and Bo's campaign manager has awoken to the attacks on his candidate. This could rival the Stormy Daniels fiasco....
    Just when I thought I was out......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Lying under oath is a pretty serious offense, in my opinion.

I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution. In return, the people of the United States entrusted me with their secrets. I was given enormous power to look at and modify every single file held on every single computer in my agency (USDA). I could have modified contracts to embezzle money. I could have peeked at e-mail to listen in on private conversations. I could have used my power over the digital world to get people fired, or hired, or imprisoned.

The people of the United States trusted me with unbelievable power over them and choosing to lie to an investigator breaks that trust. If I had done that, I'm as great a danger to everyone as I can imagine.

So no, lying in an investigation is not a little thing. It tears at the foundation of trust between a people and its government and puts that people in real danger when it happens.

Oh, and about Comey - I agree that his ego is about as Brobdingnagian as Trump's.

My problem with Comey, apart from his ego, is that he believed that his loyalty was to his own sense of integrity, rather than the people he swore to serve, so he felt justified in leaking info to get an investigation going.

This is a LOT different than what might be looked at as being in the same league as the release of the Pentagon Papers.

With the Pentagon Papers, Ellsberg released information that showed that the government of the United States had systematically lied to the American people, to the cost of 50K+ young men killed, hundreds of thousands wounded, Lord knows how many Vietnamese killed and wounded, God knows how much money spent in a cause that was based on an Incident in the Gulf of Tonkin that was an outright lie.

With Comey, he didn't like Trump's decision to fire him.

Big difference. I disagree with liberals who want to call Comey a hero. Ellsberg was a hero. Comey is just a disgruntled employee who disagreed with being fired.