Thread: RIP Barbara Bush

RIP Barbara Bush

One of the classiest and feistiest First Lady's I have ever known. She was tough, yet tender and we lost a good one today.

Yes
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I was just reading today of her decision to choose "comfort care" over continued medical care for her ailments...It was never specified, but I think it referred to hospice care, of which I recently learned a great deal...R.I.P......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

One of the better FLOTUS'es in recent memory. Very classy lady.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    The thing that gets my respect is that comfort care request, that's the one thing I want and should not die in the hospital. She for for sure the most respected first lady in our modern times.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I was just reading today of her decision to choose "comfort care" over continued medical care for her ailments...It was never specified, but I think it referred to hospice care, of which I recently learned a great deal...R.I.P......Ben
    Yes, comfort care is hospice in other words....along the same lines as Palliative care......

Very special people work in these worlds, they are sooo emotionally draining it takes extra special people....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Rightwing View Post
    The thing that gets my respect is that comfort care request, that's the one thing I want and should not die in the hospital. She for for sure the most respected first lady in our modern times.
    Both mom and dad died at home....

I almost died at the VA hospital here and will never ever be admitted there again......

rules have been laid down, drive 60 miles south.....if I die in the car, I die....I'll not die in a VA hell hole.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    One of the better FLOTUS'es in recent memory. Very classy lady.
    I'll up you on that, other than Nancy Regan, Mrs Bush has been the classiest in my life.....

Not to take anything away from Nancy Reagan, she too was a class act. But I'm thinking had the roles of Barbara Bush and her husband been reversed, we would had one hell of a president with an OK first husband! She was nothing but a tough class act. RIP
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not to take anything away from Nancy Reagan, she too was a class act. But I'm thinking had the roles of Barbara Bush and her husband been reversed, we would had one hell of a president with an OK first husband! She was nothing but a tough class act. RIP
    Agree with those statements, Mike. Heck of a lady.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    X2
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis