+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Hate Pistola Decisions.......

I Hate Pistola Decisions.......

What revolver to go with......

Ruger SP101 3" barrel 5 shot 357, S&W Performance Center Model 986 2.5" Barrel 7 shot 9mm, a Performance Center 586 L-Comp 3" 7 shot 357 or finally another Performance Center S&W M 686 2.5" tube with a 7 shot 357 Mag....

The Ruger is around $600, the 986 about $92, the 586 about $1,038 and the 686 $980.....

Ruger has no real sights, is smallest and would be easiest to conceal....5 rounds of 357mag...to the L framed 586 or 686 that's not small and has a 7 shot cylinder...

What I really want and can't find is a S&W M66 3" barrel 357sig pre lock that does not cost a arm nnd leg....

So you really want a revolver.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Got out bid on a S&W pre lock 66-3, they go for $1300 or more when ya can find em, to rich fo my blood.....

Stopped in at a gunshop I was in a couple weeks ago, this place has several shops across 2 states and rotates stock......

They had a S&W 686 plus, a 7 shot 357mag pistol with a 2 1/2" barrel & actually had a very smooth action & cylinder release....

Asked if they had a "good guy discount" and got 10% off, so walked out the door with it, now to add a set of grips and find a holster....

Congrats on your new "semi auto" revolver.
    When all the guns have been banned...... when all the words have been censored......when all of the history has been erased...when all the freedoms have been taken....

Only Then Will You Discover Why The Right To Bear Arms Was So High On The List

My only carry wheelgun is an older 2 1/2" 686...It rides in a Tucker holster like all my other everyday guns...Sorry for the fuzzy pic...Apparently I was experimenting with a macro lens that day, and the focus was on part of the leather......Ben

"If a thing is worth having, it's worth cheating for." - William Claude Dukenfield

Excellent picture & some beautiful leather, what grips do you have on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    My only carry wheelgun is an older 2 1/2" 686...It rides in a Tucker holster like all my other everyday guns...Sorry for the fuzzy pic...Apparently I was experimenting with a macro lens that day, and the focus was on part of the leather......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    Excellent picture & some beautiful leather, what grips do you have on her?
    Factory Goncalo Alves...It's a round butt with finger grooves...It's the only gun I've ever carried that I've never shot...To my knowledge it's unfired since it left the factory...

It's one of the last guns I traded for before I sold the business...Judging from the prices you quoted above, I think I gave myself a pretty good deal when I immediately bought it after taking it on trade...But by then I needed a good deal......Ben
    "If a thing is worth having, it's worth cheating for." - William Claude Dukenfield

On a S&W Facebook group they are saying a Ashland 3' 66-2 goes for $1,500 and up.....no idea whats special about that 66.....

Sounds like you got one heck of a deal......

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Factory Goncalo Alves...It's a round butt with finger grooves...It's the only gun I've ever carried that I've never shot...To my knowledge it's unfired since it left the factory...

It's one of the last guns I traded for before I sold the business...Judging from the prices you quoted above, I think I gave myself a pretty good deal when I immediately bought it after taking it on trade...But by then I needed a good deal......Ben

VG grips came in, will see how they work......

+ Reply to Thread