Thread: I Hate Pistola Decisions.......

I Hate Pistola Decisions.......

What revolver to go with......

Ruger SP101 3" barrel 5 shot 357, S&W Performance Center Model 986 2.5" Barrel 7 shot 9mm, a Performance Center 586 L-Comp 3" 7 shot 357 or finally another Performance Center S&W M 686 2.5" tube with a 7 shot 357 Mag....

The Ruger is around $600, the 986 about $92, the 586 about $1,038 and the 686 $980.....

Ruger has no real sights, is smallest and would be easiest to conceal....5 rounds of 357mag...to the L framed 586 or 686 that's not small and has a 7 shot cylinder...

What I really want and can't find is a S&W M66 3" barrel 357sig pre lock that does not cost a arm nnd leg....

So you really want a revolver.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Got out bid on a S&W pre lock 66-3, they go for $1300 or more when ya can find em, to rich fo my blood.....

Stopped in at a gunshop I was in a couple weeks ago, this place has several shops across 2 states and rotates stock......

They had a S&W 686 plus, a 7 shot 357mag pistol with a 2 1/2" barrel & actually had a very smooth action & cylinder release....

Asked if they had a "good guy discount" and got 10% off, so walked out the door with it, now to add a set of grips and find a holster....

Congrats on your new "semi auto" revolver.

My only carry wheelgun is an older 2 1/2" 686...It rides in a Tucker holster like all my other everyday guns...Sorry for the fuzzy pic...Apparently I was experimenting with a macro lens that day, and the focus was on part of the leather......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Excellent picture & some beautiful leather, what grips do you have on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    My only carry wheelgun is an older 2 1/2" 686...It rides in a Tucker holster like all my other everyday guns...Sorry for the fuzzy pic...Apparently I was experimenting with a macro lens that day, and the focus was on part of the leather......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    Excellent picture & some beautiful leather, what grips do you have on her?
    Factory Goncalo Alves...It's a round butt with finger grooves...It's the only gun I've ever carried that I've never shot...To my knowledge it's unfired since it left the factory...

It's one of the last guns I traded for before I sold the business...Judging from the prices you quoted above, I think I gave myself a pretty good deal when I immediately bought it after taking it on trade...But by then I needed a good deal......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

On a S&W Facebook group they are saying a Ashland 3' 66-2 goes for $1,500 and up.....no idea whats special about that 66.....

Sounds like you got one heck of a deal......

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Factory Goncalo Alves...It's a round butt with finger grooves...It's the only gun I've ever carried that I've never shot...To my knowledge it's unfired since it left the factory...

It's one of the last guns I traded for before I sold the business...Judging from the prices you quoted above, I think I gave myself a pretty good deal when I immediately bought it after taking it on trade...But by then I needed a good deal......Ben

VG grips came in, will see how they work......