Thread: Picked up new tires for my old truck

Picked up new tires for my old truck

these should get me up the forest service roads to the trailheads and fishin holes
    Cooper Roadmaster RM253 245/70R19.5
    getting them put on tomorrow
    screaming deal from Wallyworld at $175/tire too bad they don't have the equipment to install 19.5s that they sell

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Nice! I paid more than that for my 235/16's
    This is your mind on drugs!

well that cost me a bit more than I expected. The shop that installed my tires also services all my companies vehicles. straight shooters. They found major play in the passenger front wheel bearing and a leaking axle seal... I have no problem paying to get the truck fixed correctly.

Total repair plus tire mounting $580
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Maybe I'm out but there is just something so nice and wonderful about a new set of tires I just want to buy them all the time. I keep waiting on mine to wear out so I can buy some.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Maybe I'm out but there is just something so nice and wonderful about a new set of tires I just want to buy them all the time. I keep waiting on mine to wear out so I can buy some.
    LOL! Me too! Every time I buy tires I have ten people telling me you can get another five/ten thousand out of the tires you have. Trouble is those hundreds of job sites and roofing nails that I've had plugged. I get tired of looking for air when I'm out on the road.
    I've got an old 94 now with 250 thousand on it I think I've got tranny trouble, one horrible day and nothing since but now I'm scared to go far in it.

drove the truck through sheeting rain, blowing wind and crappy pavement tonight. The new tires are light years better that my last set even when they were new..Winner

So now that I have 500 or so miles on the tires I can say that I made the right choice. That and its amazing how much better the steering is when you replace a bad wheel bearing. Did a fly fishing trip yesterday. crappy potholed freeway, mt pass, high crown rural roads, dirt and gravel to the lake. One handed driving for the most part. It almost felt like I was driving a new truck instead of a 15 year old beater..WIN

Do you by chance remember how much the rims cost? Also what kind of mileage do those tires get?

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Do you by chance remember how much the rims cost? Also what kind of mileage do those tires get?
    I have seen the Vision Heavy Hauler wheels for $220 each on line. as far as mileage...these tires are designed for really heavy loads and long wear. they are rated to carry 4500 pounds of load as are the wheels. My guess is 80,000 plus miles on the loads I will be carrying.