Thread: If walls don't work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If walls don't work

I'm not sure I understand the Democratic liberal opposition to it. In the big scheme of things the cost is not that substantial especially if you look at the recently signed budget. So if it's going to fail and not accomplish the purpose stated by the administration that would be a tremendous egg right on their face. Or could it be that walls work and the opposition party does not want it to work. I'm sort of trying to figure that out for myself.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The reason the Dems do not want the wall is that it will stop the flow of folks they need to enslave in order to gain votes. If these people sneaking in over here were so important and do so much good, why didn't they do all that good back in their own homeland?

It costs taxpayers billions of dollars every year just to support the illegals with welfare, medical care, housing, legal fees, special school teachers and many other drains on our system. The wall would pay for itself many times over in a very short period of time and would make our borders much safer.

If the illegals coming into America were voting Repub, you can bet that the wall would have already been built and it would make the great wall of china look like a picket fence.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Now the libs are weeping and moaning about the gard going down there, just letem in.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

I find it funny that the Dems are having heartburn over the Military and the National Guard, who are supposed to be making sure that Americans are protected and safe, are being asked to guard our National borders. What do they think the use for the military is for? Are they to fight wars anywhere but in the Country they represent? Then why do the Dems bitch about American soldiers going other places to fight and then hamstring them with dumb ROE so that the military is now in grave danger.

Send the military down to guard our borders, the liberals are going to complain either way, might as well be safe while they are bitching.

And just what are the guards orders Tx?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    And just what are the guards orders Tx?
    Personally I would want them to protect our borders. It doesn't have to be complicated, but usually is when there is a liberal finger in the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    ......What do they think the use for the military is for? Are they to fight wars anywhere but in the Country they represent? ....
    Pretty much. The Posse Comitatus Act and subsequent revisions limit what the military, including the guard can do.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm actually quite perplexed about this issue I don't live in a border state I do understand that drugs come through our Southern border and I do understand that at times it has been quite porous. I just don't know whether a wall is the answer or not but I do think we need an answer
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.