Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assault weapons ban in Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    They are not outlawing ownership:
    Yes, they are, with the exception of military and law enforcement, including retired law enforcement. The part about being broken down, stored in cases etc. is in reference to those exempt persons and transporting through the village. The full text of the ordinance can be found HERE. Don't worry, the real meat of the ordinance is pretty short, just skip down to it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Well, I be dipped.

You're right, Mike. Any sort of possession is banned.

Well, it seems to be based on the Highland Park ordinance, which banned high cap magazines. That was upheld by the state appeals court and the Supreme Court declined to hear the appeal.

Apparently we have some here that do not understand incremental law Creep. After all the Supreme Court had to imagine a right of privacy in order to ultimately rule that abortion was legal because it infringed on the right of privacy which was not listed in the Constitution. Please don't take that as my stand on abortion only my comment as to Legal Creep.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Apparently we have some here that do not understand incremental law Creep. After all the Supreme Court had to imagine a right of privacy in order to ultimately rule that abortion was legal because it infringed on the right of privacy which was not listed in the Constitution. Please don't take that as my stand on abortion only my comment as to Legal Creep.
    Give them an inch and they will take a yard.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Give them an inch and they will take a yard.
    I think you sort of got it
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I have a friend who moved to Deerfield due to a gun ban in his old town.....and how it's happening there.....

He has testified in front of the village council and has been verbally attacked for it, people who had no idea he was a gun owner now hate him and make threats to him and his family.

This is a municipal ordnance....and that's a HUGE can o worms.....The village took a old ordnance, opened it up and voted to add in thee exceptions. HOWEVER, the ordnance had a one time good time limit, once that date was past no village/town/city could amend it AND can not enact stronger laws than the state mandated laws. That time has long come and gone......So in effect, they went in and illegally added this in to a closed law......see the can o worms.....

I can't post a facebook link to Dan's page, so if you have facebook look up "Daniel Easterday" if you really give a ****....

The Second Amendment foundation is backing Dan and has filed a lawsuit....and more to follow.....check out "the Second Amendment foundation" again, I can't post a link...

And that is one reason why we have the NRA, to protect legal gun owners from having their Constitutional rights taken away one piece at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    And that is one reason why we have the NRA, to protect legal gun owners from having their Constitutional rights taken away one piece at a time.
    Point of order good Sir, the NRA is nothing without its members......the members ARE the NRA and as a voting member of the NRA....I AM the NRA......

Me too. I am the NRA as well. The liberals seem to it is some kind of super secret gestapo society that works in the dark of night. That is why people laugh at them when they start throwing out how bad we are. We are everyday American citizens, the same people Hilliary called deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, they are, with the exception of military and law enforcement, including retired law enforcement. The part about being broken down, stored in cases etc. is in reference to those exempt persons and transporting through the village. The full text of the ordinance can be found HERE. Don't worry, the real meat of the ordinance is pretty short, just skip down to it.
    ahuh, so then I was right. It will not stand in a crt challenge

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

the NRA is a con artist org. A lobby group for corporations and you all are their mark.

mam, we are running a short poll of our members. will you stay on the line and answer our poll after listening to a recorded message from our president?

sure

"never before have we faced such a dire situation of losing our 2nd amendment rights, we faced down the treat of Obama for 8 years and if Hillery is elected you know they will be sending troops to collect your guns....
    Mam, are you still there?

yeah

So we are asking that our members help us protect your rights, for 500.00 you can...

wait, this is a POLL? LMAO what a joke

^ that is my complete recollection of the last time I picked up a call from the NRA. So let me ask you, did you pee your pants and write them a check?

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Money talks BS walks. The NRA is nothing if all they can do is stand around with their thumbs up their ass while the gun grabbers spend millions to outlaw guns. Grow up, no rational thought at all just a slam on anything that is considered on the right.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Well the NRA is normal people as we have already said. We all pitch in to support a cause we believe in. How is the NRA different than say the people who support abortion, or maybe the ones who support any action that they believe in? We stand up for the 2nd amendment, something that the liberals have twisted and tried to get repealed or completely changed, how is that wrong?

If somebody calls on the phone and you do not want to contribute to whatever they are selling, just say no and hang up, damn some people act like they hold you up at gunpoint for money. They are using their 1st amendment right to protect the 2nd amendment rights. It really does go no deeper than that, other than the good they do by teaching gun safety, offering insurance and training for those who would like it. I do not see what the left wingers are so scared of, not one single member of the NRA has been involved in any shooting that the media has been hawking, not one. In fact it has been composed of people who really have no idea what they believe in and those who are bat**** crazy.....and those have skirted the gun laws that are presently on the books. How is writing another stupid law going to stop a person that does not care about any law?

Bunch of jaw flapping about nothing.

the NRA is a con artist org. A lobby group for corporations and you all are their mark.
    That is a flat out lie and utter BS.