Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at YouTube

Shooting at YouTube

Well I see that we had another shooting in Cali yesterday. Cleared out a building and thank god that only 4 people were injured and the shooter took her own life. She should have started with that instead of shooting at innocent people.

Seems she was upset with the new rules that youtube had enacted taking some of her videos down and quit paying her for others. She was an activist and with this action of her going in and doing this are all activists going to be looked at closely now?

I also noticed she used a hand gun, so after the facts came out the main focus was turned off of the whole ordeal. I am sure the airline will refund the ticket price for Hogg and his merry band of cupcakes as the scary assault rifle was not used in this one.

This Country is sure going downhill, people can no longer be told no without losing their minds. They have to stir up a major amount of attention and it is aimed at those who had nothing to do with why they are mad to begin with. SO sad.

Umm, "the main focus was turned off"? Sez who? It is the top story on CNN, with accompanying stories about her background. It was the lead off on Good Morning America. Don't know about the other morning shows since I don't watch them. MSNBC has it pretty prominently, the NYT has it on the top of the US section and the Washington Post has it on their front page.

Better get your facts a bit more independently than Faux News. Seems to be the talk today. Of course, no one died, so it won't be the talk tomorrow.

BTW, mocking survivors of a mass murder is a bad look, especially when they are children.

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    There are three cable news channels and two say one thing and FOX has news not hate Trump on every issue.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Fox is just a propaganda arm for Trump. It is the conservative version of MSNBC. Don't dress it up - Fox is news for conservatives, nothing more. They know their demographic.

MSNBC is for people who hate Trump.

So it goes.

I don't know who was mocking children dying but where did you come up with that one? The media has quietly put this one to bed because it does not fit their narrative or agenda. A State with some tough guns laws had another shooting. The shooter was not a male NRA member. The gun used was a handgun and not an "assault rifle". The shooter was an activist. The shooter was an immigrant.

Now what type of gun was used? How many bullets did it hold? How and where was the gun obtained? Was the shooter mentally challenged in any way? Where there any problems associated with this person before?

CBS had a couple of articles but I got more information about how the percentage of female mass shooters verses men and all of the ways that the statistics are amassed than I did about the actual event.

MSNBC had an article but it was after 10 or12 anti-Trump stories and you had to actually go to a different menu to read it. It did however say the gun was legally bought and that she went to a range before the shooting. It also said that she was woken up by LEO's while sleeping in her car at some around 2am the day of the event.

ABC had the same info as the others but also went into how the LEO's called her parents after they found her and told them where she was. The father called the cops back about an hour later and told them she was mad about her videos and she might be very angry.

I don't read the NYT as it is more interested in publishing fake news than it is worth taking the time to find a real story.

FOX basically had the same info as the rest, although they did report that she was upset because YouTube had demonetized her videos she was posting, evidently that was her only form of income, posting videos for pennies a click.

I guess since only 4 people were shot and the only death was the shooter, it is not a big deal to them. She should have just started off with herself, that way the other innocent people that were shot, plus the thousands that had to witness or be a part of the incident, not to mention the family and friends of those that were directly involved, would not have to go through such an ordeal.

Typical questions that have all been covered in the other shootings we have been reading about. I find that sometimes I can get the actual story from FOX, without any bias. As much as I can not stand Shep SMith on FOX, he has everything anti Trump and not much else on his hour show, he is strict about letting reporters speculate or form ideas without actual facts, when he reports the stories. Have to respect the little punk for that at least.

Read again, Tx. I said you were mocking survivors of a mass murder and so you are.

The fact that you don't read enough to inform yourself is your problem, not mine. From various news sources, I learned that the gun was a 9mm Smith and Wesson pistol and the largest capacity 9 that SW makes is 17 in the mag plus 1 in the chamber, that she spent time at the range practicing that day, that she had a grudge against Youtube for weird reasons and that her family says that they reported her missing and a threat. Law enforcement spoke with her for unrelated reasons and she was not detained. She sounds like a loony and if you look at her pictures, that is one angry person. Look at the tightness around the mouth and the eyes. I'd be concerned about her if I saw her.

If it bleeds, it leads. No deaths = it won't be on the news tomorrow. And I actually find the news portion of Fox pretty straightforward and unbiased. The problem is, they mix commentary in with the news a lot, so there is a lot of weeding one must do.

I am not mocking survivors, I made a snide comment about a protester, who has made a mockery of the situation. Instead of asking real questions of why an armed officer that was onsite when the shooting at the school happened never went in. Armed officers that arrived as soon as they could get there did not go in. He has not been protesting at the local Sheriffs office, who actually could have saved many of those kids, and instead goes hundreds of miles away to protest in front of people who could not have stopped the situation. It is still up in the air as to whether he was indeed at the school at the time of the shooting. He did an interview on camera and in his own words said he heard shooting and jumped on his bike and rode to school. It was in his own words on camera, I am just reporting what I saw.

I have yet to see anything about the gun or the load it carried, but if I am not mistaken in Cali you can not have over 10 total rounds in the magazine and in the pipe legally. I could be wrong but I think that 10 is the most you can have.

I do agree with your analogy of the bleeding/ leading thingy.

Besides your snide comment about my reading, I did go to all of the sites I listed and made a short snapshot of what I read. Looks like with a story of this caliber, one could find the simple detail without having to spend half a day trying to find the most basic thing, about the gun type. With the parkland shooting we knew the gun used before the building was cleared and the falsely reported that "high capacity magazines" were used.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I am not mocking survivors, I made a snide comment about a protester, who has made a mockery of the situation. Instead of asking real questions of why an armed officer that was onsite when the shooting at the school happened never went in. Armed officers that arrived as soon as they could get there did not go in. He has not been protesting at the local Sheriffs office, who actually could have saved many of those kids, and instead goes hundreds of miles away to protest in front of people who could not have stopped the situation. It is still up in the air as to whether he was indeed at the school at the time of the shooting. He did an interview on camera and in his own words said he heard shooting and jumped on his bike and rode to school. It was in his own words on camera, I am just reporting what I saw.

I have yet to see anything about the gun or the load it carried, but if I am not mistaken in Cali you can not have over 10 total rounds in the magazine and in the pipe legally. I could be wrong but I think that 10 is the most you can have.

I do agree with your analogy of the bleeding/ leading thingy.
    I believe you referred to David Hogg and the other "cupcakes". That is a pejorative term and inappropriate to use on children who were led out of the site of a mass murder by law enforcement.

In my state, magazine capacity is 7 when not at the range. You can have ten at the range.

Besides your snide comment about my reading, I did go to all of the sites I listed and made a short snapshot of what I read. Looks like with a story of this caliber, one could find the simple detail without having to spend half a day trying to find the most basic thing, about the gun type. With the parkland shooting we knew the gun used before the building was cleared and the falsely reported that "high capacity magazines" were used.
    Yeah, because 17 people were killed at Parkland. None of the shooting victims died in this one so there just isn't that much interest.

Do you know there is no accepted definition of what constitutes a mass shooting? I didn't until today. Makes good stats hard to come by.

4 is the dividing line between a shooting and mass shooting. Whoda thunk it. I would have gone with 2 actually, but that is just me.

As far as Hogg and the cupcakes... I do not make fun of their survival, I make fun of what they themselves have turned it into. Notice I have not mentioned the others. I have backed Mr Pollack, whose daughter was shot 9 times and was on the upper floors, and his fight to actually get some things done that matter. Pollacks daughter was shot 3 or 4 minutes into the attack, plenty of time for the armed officer on site to confront the shooter and could have possibly saved her and many others had he engaged.

He was visibly upset that even the elevator at the meeting, had an armed guard inside of it and yet his daughters school had one that was a coward.

I have no problem with disagreeing with Hogg and the other Parkland students with respect to what they are advocating. Opinions vary, as Dalton says in Roadhouse.

My problem is subjecting them to the personal destruction that should be reserved for adults. For example, Laura Ingraham mocking Hogg for being disappointed for not getting into the college of his choice. That stuff is bush league.

Well little Hogg found the harsh reality of life, if you are going to put yourself out there....somebody somewhere is going to hit you with a roundhouse. He should probably have a little talk with the dingbat who thought it would be funny to hold up a bloody Trump head and take a picture of it to send to the press.

That backfire is still smoking. Hogg just got a dose of reality, ne should have stuck with just thanking god he survived.

Well little Hogg found the harsh reality of life, if you are going to put yourself out there....somebody somewhere is going to hit you with a roundhouse. He should probably have a little talk with the dingbat who thought it would be funny to hold up a bloody Trump head and take a picture of it to send to the press.

That backfire is still smoking. Hogg just got a dose of reality, ne should have stuck with just thanking god he survived.
    I don't think it is right to go after children the same way we do adults. Besides being just plain wrong, it polarizes people and the issue becomes being mean to kids instead of talking about the issues being raised.

The implication of your last post is that he should be silent and not be involved in this issue. I classify that with "this isn't the right time to talk about the issue" and "liberals are politicizing the issue" or "liberals are pursuing an agenda, not a discussion". It is designed to silence opposition, in my opinion.

I am in no way wanting him silenced him because he is on the other side. I want him to be taught that what he is saying is not even close to being smart. He would have nobody but the police armed.....think about that for just a second, the armed policeman sat outside while he and his fellow students were slaughtered. The only one who he wants armed, did nothing? Make sense to you?

Again he wants the govt to do better checks, the same govt and sheriffs office that went to that kid Cruz's house 38 times for domestic disturbance and violence. Think about that too.

He relied on the school board, the same school board who told the schools admin that Cruz MUST be allowed to attend school as all kids are given the right to an education. Again, digest that.

His whole speech tour is giving the very people who failed those poor kids and got them shot, he want them to be the ones who make the same judgements on what is right and what is wrong?

A few weeks later a kid went into a school and shot his ex-girlfriend and another kid. He was immediately confronted by an armed offer INSIDE the school and after one shot killed himself.

Somebody with an agenda is behind Hogg and is using him to further their agenda. That to me is worse than what the school went through with the shooting. That is wrong.