Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: H.R.5087 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Fulltimer View Post
    No sir, I am not ignorant of the gun show loophole.

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/sa...-laws-map.html
    Ok, prove it, lets meet at a gun show in Colorado and you buy a AR15 without a background check....

We both know your full of **** and it's impossible and illegal.....and your won't dare take me up on it....

It will never pass.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

When I lived in North Dakota, the Sheriff was 45 min away on a good day....and I know one time dispatch asked a person if they had a gun, dispatch was told yes and then they informed them, good the sheriff is on his way, but feel free to use your weapon if you in fear for your life or serious harm as it will take him 45 min to get there...

When I was on the county fire department, at least a dozen times we needed the Sheriff, and even using the same dispatchers and such at times they were 30 min out or longer....I even grabbed the halligan tool a couple times when people got aggressive and thought fire fighters had zero authority on a job scene....

Hell, I"ve ran 95mph for 30 min in a fire truck with a Sheriff behind us to get to a domestic with injuries....30 min at 95 mph that's a looooong time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Don't like guns, don't buy one . However when at home note the amount of time you have to wait for someone to finally get there to fill out the paperwork on your dead butt since you did not eat to protect yourself.

The statistics, contained in the department’s fiscal 2005 budget performance report, show that the average response time for the highest-priority calls — Priority 1 — was 8 minutes, 25 seconds in fiscal 2003, up from 7 minutes, 19 seconds in fiscal 2002 and 7 minutes, 47 seconds in fiscal 2001.
    Priority 1 calls are for life-threatening situations, such as armed robberies, assaults and shootings in progress.

While I will admit that the data is a bit old, I could find no newer data to post.

Tell me again how a Policeman who is eight minuets away can keep you and yours safe.

I am currently and will continue to be about a half second away from my own protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It will never pass.
    Not the point......and nobody knows if it will or not....till it does or does not....

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    Ok, prove it, lets meet at a gun show in Colorado and you buy a AR15 without a background check....

We both know your full of **** and it's impossible and illegal.....and your won't dare take me up on it....
    Dork, Colorado has a background check at gun show law. It is a state law, not a federal one.
    Only 6 states have such a law, California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Oregon and Rhode Island.
    Connecticut, Maryland, and Pennsylvania have background checks required at gun shows for handgun sales only.

So it is you who are full of ****, but then you already knew that.

The Colorado law should be put into effect in all states.

Convicted criminals should not be allowed to freely purchase firearms at gun shows.

Dork, Colorado has a background check at gun show law. It is a state law, not a federal one.
    Only 6 states have such a law, California, Colorado, Illinois, New York, Oregon and Rhode Island.
    Connecticut, Maryland, and Pennsylvania have background checks required at gun shows for handgun sales only.

So it is you who are full of ****, but then you already knew that.

The Colorado law should be put into effect in all states.

Convicted criminals should not be allowed to freely purchase firearms at gun shows.
    So your saying you can not purchase a AR15 in your home state without a background check at a gun show....

Got it..........

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    After Trump was elected President gun sales dropped. I'll bet the democrats just caused a huge surge upwards in gun sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    So your saying you can not purchase a AR15 in your home state without a background check at a gun show....

Got it..........
    I am saying I can buy a firearm in 41 states at a gun show without a background check.

In Colorado, open carry is the law but the Legislature and Governor wisely decided that criminals should not be able to walk into a gun show and purchase firearms without a background check. It is a common sense regulation that should be enacted into Federal law.

As far as my home state, I am still a native Texan for 5 generations back. I just choose to not live there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    After Trump was elected President gun sales dropped. I'll bet the democrats just caused a huge surge upwards in gun sales.
    Remington just filed for bankruptcy protection.

.....The Colorado law should be put into effect in all states.....
    Not every state wants to be Colorado.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

What difference does the location make for a private ,person to person, firearms sale? The parking lot of a gun show is no different than meeting someone in the grocery store parking lot. As long as it is two private individuals acting in accordance with the law, location shouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What difference does the location make for a private ,person to person, firearms sale? The parking lot of a gun show is no different than meeting someone in the grocery store parking lot. As long as it is two private individuals acting in accordance with the law, location shouldn't matter.
    It should if one of them is a convicted violent criminal.

Why do you want criminals to be able to buy firearms?

I'm through responding to your trolls, Don.

Now, for the rest of you, the proposed bill does not do much other than ban new sales of certain weapons and magazines. It still allows for the sale and transfer of those weapons already in the wild. It is a bit similar to the "ban" on NFA weapons without jumping through hoops to obtain one.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Remington just filed for bankruptcy protection.
    Sales are down and they have made some bad decisions so what is your point, if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Sales are down and they have made some bad decisions so what is your point, if anything?
    More likely, it is to put the Sandy Hook lawsuit on hold for a while.....................