Thread: The Last Jim Crow Generation

The Last Jim Crow Generation

Oddly, in a nation reaching new heights of prosperity, freedom and international power, many white voters born in 1946 are lathered into a panic, desperate to “Make America Great Again.” Their hysteria defies ready explanation, but clues might be uncovered with a survey of their formative years. This is America's last generation raised under Jim Crow.

A well written, thoughtful piece from Chris Ladd at Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrisla.../#6cfe969616ee

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    What are we suppose to read into this artical? Are you and that saying Trump is not doing as well? Around me are poor people, but sure have it better than we did back then.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

I don't think you have to read much into the article. It is pretty clear in its premise. It is a variant on quite a bit I'm seeing these days - that as white Americans face the prospect of having to share the wealth with others and as white Americans lose their majority status, they are reacting with nativism, bigotry, etc.

I don't know if I agree but I do know that change is hard. No stopping the tide, though. May take a couple of generations to sort itself out.

Change is difficult and per the article, it is especially difficult to a specific group of people and why it is not going to be a continuing influence on the electorate as those folks are increasingly marginalized.

What are you guys talking about white folks sharing the wealth have y'all checked into who and how much China owns in this country how much other countries are on in this country the white folks are the least of your worries
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.