+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Bondurant Racing School, Chandler AZ.....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703

    Bondurant Racing School, Chandler AZ.....

    So we get a free day of learning how to dive at the SRT Driving Experience class held by Bondurant Racing School in Chandler AZ

    What's the weather like, best time of year to visit Chandler.......things to do outside of the school.....Hotels/Casino's in the area worth staying at???

    Right now these are the days open....and trying to figure out when would be the best time to go......

    Friday, June 29, 2018
    Friday, July 13, 2018
    Friday, July 27, 2018
    Friday, August 10, 2018
    Friday, August 24, 2018
    Friday, September 7, 2018


    (Additional dates will post in the near future.)

    https://www.dodgegar...rack-experience

  2. #2
    Join Date
    11-14-01
    Location
    Apache Junction, AZ
    Posts
    23,577
    Friday, June 29, 2018 Hot
    Friday, July 13, 2018 Definitely Hot
    Friday, July 27, 2018 Definitely Hotter
    Friday, August 10, 2018 Definitely Hotter
    Friday, August 24, 2018 Definitely Hotter
    Friday, September 7, 2018 Definitely Hotter

    And throw in a chance of a Monsoon rain anytime after June 15th thru Sept 15th or so and there is three days of warm moist weather.

    April or after Mid-Sept would be the best for those people afraid of hot weather.
    Fred

    "Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

    That's what makes America great! Stupid people have an equal say in all of this!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    Fred nailed it.. There is a reason those dates are open. No one wants to spend all day in a fire suit that time of year. June- Aug is our pay back for the rest of the year. See if you can book March 2019.

    There is a Casino right across the street from the school. Where are they putting you up?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Fred nailed it.. There is a reason those dates are open. No one wants to spend all day in a fire suit that time of year. June- Aug is our pay back for the rest of the year. See if you can book March 2019.

    There is a Casino right across the street from the school. Where are they putting you up?
    They don't put ya up, we travel on our dime, show up morning of class then go home at the end of the day......only thing covered is the class & if ya want to bring additional people it's $999.00 or if you want to roll that over into the drag strpi class or another 2 days course you get a $999 credit and it has to be used within 1 year of purchase, so we have till 5 March 2019.....

    Thus we figured we would drive down, stay a couple days after class and then go home.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    Wild Horse Pass Hotel / Casino is just across the street. I've never been there but assume it's as good as any Casino in town.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Wild Horse Pass Hotel / Casino is just across the street. I've never been there but assume it's as good as any Casino in town.
    Booked a Hampton with a hot tub in the room cheaper than the casino by a couple hundred

    Only problem is, it's a 15 hour drive

  7. #7
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    What dates?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    What dates?

    Just found out chances are the wife won't get anything the 1st couple weeks of Septemberoff.....was the 6th to the 10th, but not sure what we can do now...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    01-15-02
    Location
    Hot Phoenix
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Wild Horse Pass Hotel / Casino is just across the street. I've never been there but assume it's as good as any Casino in town.
    And the outlet stores.
    **************************************************
    Counting the months!

    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Looking at Friday, June 29 now

  11. #11
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    It's going to be hot.

    June 21 is typically the hottest day of the year, and when I say hot I mean HOT.... Not unusual to see 120* that time of year. Not fun in a fire suit.

    But it truly is a dry Heat... Moisture does not kick in until around 4th of July.

    Drink LOTS of water and find shade.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Joy.....and we found out only 1 person per vin can take the course, so the wife will be driving it & not me....I can take it, but it's an additional $999.00 for a 2nd driver....they even said they are not set up for somebody to watch, I get to drop her off and pick her up....can't stay and take pictures....

    However, I can be a real pain in the ass & if my names on the car....I better be able to hang around and take pictures....

    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    It's going to be hot.

    June 21 is typically the hottest day of the year, and when I say hot I mean HOT.... Not unusual to see 120* that time of year. Not fun in a fire suit.

    But it truly is a dry Heat... Moisture does not kick in until around 4th of July.

    Drink LOTS of water and find shade.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    Their Insurance imposes a lot of restrictions. I don't blame them.

    If you can afford a 50K car you should be able to swing a grand for a day of training.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    12-21-17
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Their Insurance imposes a lot of restrictions. I don't blame them.

    If you can afford a 50K car you should be able to swing a grand for a day of training.
    I wish, but with the house getting renovated and the trips to Canada, funds are really tight.....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    Deep inside the Central Scrutinizer.
    Posts
    18,317
    Tell her not to skip the Skid Car.... It's a blast !!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts