Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Are you by chance of French extraction? How is a 911 phone call putting your life in danger?
    That is not what TxMusky wanted. He wanted me to stop them and save his wife's ring.

I said I would have called the police and given them a description of the burglars.

I have no possessions I would risk my life for and I certainly wouldn't for TxMusky's possessions. I am not his keeper.

That's what insurance is for.

TxMusky has apparently lost the string in this thread and has started trying to equate neighbors dying for their neighbor's wife's ring for undocumented immigrants who are a victim of a crime being detained at the state's expense in order to do the job of the federal government.

Oh, wait. I do see a connection, but there again... It is not the state's job to do the federal government's job for them just as it is not a neighbor's job to sacrifice himself for his careless neighbor who allows his house to be broken into.

I'll tell you one thing the cynic is not without and that's some pretty fast broadband that damn guy has to be the fastest googler I've ever seen.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'll tell you one thing the cynic is not without and that's some pretty fast broadband that damn guy has to be the fastest googler I've ever seen.
    I google it before it is needed to be used in a discussion.

So far you guys are very predictable.

Oh, and a tip. Use your phone and just say OK Google and ask for information. You don't even have to stop typing.

Problem is you have already made a random statement alluding to something else before you bring the facts. Maybe while waiting on the phone to look up the research, that is when you deflect the original topic to gain time for the mighty google to work. I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    Problem is you have already made a random statement alluding to something else before you bring the facts. Maybe while waiting on the phone to look up the research, that is when you deflect the original topic to gain time for the mighty google to work. I got it.
    My phone is connected to my WIFI and it is just as fast as the computer.

I do consult google before I post to verify what I remember is true. Sometimes, what I remember is not correct and I refrain from posting.

When you see me post "If I remember correctly" I am at that time doing an Internet search to see if what I remember is true.

I did check the California laws and did post the link to them so you too can understand them.

Your contention is that States must use their resources to do the federal government's job and mine is the federal government must use their own resources to do their job.

We can dance around poking at those positions all night but in the end, a court will decide.

DOn, the State already arrested the illegal for another crime they committed, while in the State, entirely different from the sneaking across the border one. The only resource that would be expended is the amount of energy required to dial a phone, some cell phones even let you say "dial so and so" and the deed is done.

Again, let me repeat, the criminal is already arrest and in jail for another crime committed while in the State of Cali (in this case), they already had him in custody, all they had to do was make a calll and let the feds know they could come and get him, which means the State would not have to feed or house him, in other words saving them money. The phone call is free, not much energy is expended and we avoid all of this malarkey.

Playing politics and putting the lives of people in the State in danger seems to be a better choice? Either their elected leaders are bored or stupid! I guess all of the other problems in the State have been solved and this is the only burr under the saddle so we spend more time and energy and resources trying to defend a illegal immigrant criminal than it would take to make s simple phone call?

Deportations reached a high in 2012 of 410,000 when President Obama was called Deporter in Chief by his detractors.

The immigration regulators were deluged and ICE regularly took months to pick up the detainees from local jails simply because they had no place to keep them pending their hearings. The counties taxpayers were having to foot the bill for the US government.

During the 2016 fiscal year, the last year of President Obama's administration the deportations had fallen to 240,255. The 2017 total ICE deportations under the first year of President Trump's administration the totals had further fallen to 211,068.

The backlog being held in Immigration Jails in the most recent ICE reports were over 600,000 awaiting the adjudication and ICE admits it will take years to process the ones already in detention

During the Obama administration, ICE took into custody more immigrants with criminal records, the fastest-growing category of arrests since Trump’s inauguration is those facing no criminal charges. The agency arrested more than 28,000 “non-criminal immigration violators” between Jan. 22 and Sept. 2, according to the agency’s records, a nearly threefold increase over the same period in 2016.

The California law says those who are caught without having committed a criminal offense and those with minor offenses that would not be a jailable offense under state law will not automatically be rendered to ICE. Those that have committed a crime defined by more than 800 types of serious crime will be rendered to ICE.

ICE under President Trump is focusing on noncriminal undocumented immigrants and not on the easy to deport criminal offenders.

The numbers have been disputed many times about Obamas claim to fame. The peopl at the border who were trying to come in but where chased back was counted by the Obama folks as a deportation, when they never actually set foot on US soil. That is a false lie, but the Dems seem to believe that hogwash.

In this instance the illegals were not going to sit in the local jail, they were going to be sent back home or sit in jail where their original crime....robbery, murder, DUI, was committed, just like any other criminal.

The problem with googling everything is sometimes you get fake news and fake numbers.

The numbers have been disputed many times about Obamas claim to fame. The peopl at the border who were trying to come in but where chased back was counted by the Obama folks as a deportation, when they never actually set foot on US soil. That is a false lie, but the Dems seem to believe that hogwash.

In this instance the illegals were not going to sit in the local jail, they were going to be sent back home or sit in jail where their original crime....robbery, murder, DUI, was committed, just like any other criminal.

The problem with googling everything is sometimes you get fake news and fake numbers.
    Post your facts.

Educate us all.

It is all a play on words....
    Somehow, the Obama administration is simultaneously responsible for the highest rate of deportation in 20 years and a 26 percent drop in deportation. What is going on here? As it turns out, changes in immigration law, terminology and classification are causing this confusion.

One problem is the continued use of “deportation” in virtually all media reporting. In actuality, that category has been obsolete in immigration law since 1996. Prior to 1996, immigration law distinguished between immigrants who were “excluded,” or stopped and prevented from entering U.S. territory, and those who were “deported,” or expelled from the United States after they had made their way into U.S. territory. After 1996, both exclusion and deportation were rolled into one procedure called “removal.” At that point, the term “deportation” no longer had any meaning within the official immigration statistics. Its continued use in media reports is part of the confusion.

The large number of immigrants who are apprehended, usually but not exclusively along the southwestern border, and prevented from entering the country were part of a category called “voluntary departure” before 2006. Now that is called “return,” which also includes the subcategory of “reinstatement.” There is also a large category of “expedited removals” of persons that do not appear before an immigration judge but the procedure carries all the sanctions as a judge ordered removal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f8056a4b7185
    The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

The shift in who gets tallied helped the administration look tough in its early years but now may be backfiring politically. Immigration advocates plan protests across the country this week around what they say will be the 2 millionth deportation under Obama — a mark expected to be hit in the next few days. And Democratic strategists fret about a decline in Latino voter turnout for this fall's election.

Until recent years, mostpeople caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom have just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.

At the same time, the administration largely ended immigration roundups at workplaces and shifted investigators into targeting business owners who illegally hired foreign workers.

"If you are a run-of-the-mill immigrant here illegally, your odds of getting deported are close to zero — it's just highly unlikely to happen," John Sandweg, until recently the acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said in an interview.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...402-story.html

It is all in how you read the words. Plus I grew up on the border and have many friends who are active Border Patrol or retired. The MSM did not tell the truth when it comes to illegals.

It is all a play on words....

It is all in how you read the words. Plus I grew up on the border and have many friends who are active Border Patrol or retired. The MSM did not tell the truth when it comes to illegals.
    But you and Candidate Trump had a problem with ICE targeting the employers of undocumented immigrants profiting from their status.

Now ICE is going after the ones who have committed no crimes and targeting children's hospitals and grade schools to try to pump up their numbers of detentions.

It will all work out in the end. President Trump is threatening to remove ICE from California.

You are believing the lies, the first crime was committed when they crossed the border illegally. Period

You are either for law and order or you are not, you do not get it both ways.

You are believing the lies, the first crime was committed when they crossed the border illegally. Period

You are either for law and order or you are not, you do not get it both ways.
    The vast majority of undocumented immigrants never crossed the border illegally. They simply overstayed their visas.

It is a violation of a Federal Regulation. The criminals are the ones ICE are not targeting.

My wife came to America on a visa, she never overstayed it, played by the rules and is now an American....

Every single illegal alien that came in by Visa and over stayed it is spitting on my wife, laughing at her and calling her stupid for paying to play, to follow the laws and become an American the legal and moral way showing respect to America.

Not one of these illegals is showing any respect, any value to America or her laws....and they are spitting in the face of lady Justice.....

What makes these illegals so special and important they can stay without any ramifications when my wife would have been deported....

To have a country you have laws, you have borders and rules, you can't follow the rules and the laws....piss off...

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenis View Post
    The vast majority of undocumented immigrants never crossed the border illegally. They simply overstayed their visas.

It is a violation of a Federal Regulation. The criminals are the ones ICE are not targeting.