Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parkland school shooter did not use high capacity magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    You didnt hear a thing I said, you just threw out some of your garbage. I never said any of the things you put in your last post. Same old Don, still putting words in my mouth that I never spoke. Then you ventured into outright lies, how does your mind come up with all of that baloney?

My first move towards a solution would be to bar you from attending the meeting, so that others would not be confused by your twisting of facts and outright lying about things. We need solutions, real solutions, instead of spending valuable time letting those who instead of wanting solutions want to argue and misconstrue what was actually said. It did not take you long to jump right back into your old ways I see.
    You supported both of those things.

As far as banning me so I won't "confuse" folks with stating my opinions and such, well it has been done before. I am not a virgin.

I do apologize if I have confused you but still I would like to hear your solution to the mass shootings or if you even feel there is a problem.

I am not the one confused. I have already discussed some things that could be done and it starts with enforcing the laws we already have. Cut back on the violent video games and movies and youtube challenges which people think are funny. The gun is just a tool, just like a knife, baseball bat, club, truck full of diesel and fertilizer. They are all just tools. The one thing that using them has in common is a living breathing person. Without the person they will never make a move or never hurt anybody. You can ban every single thing that a person can find and still not stop a person from killing another.

Abel did not slay Cain with an AR semi automatic weapon, he used a common rock. Are you going to ban all rocks? Common sense, it is in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    I am not the one confused. I have already discussed some things that could be done and it starts with enforcing the laws we already have. Cut back on the violent video games and movies and youtube challenges which people think are funny. The gun is just a tool, just like a knife, baseball bat, club, truck full of diesel and fertilizer. They are all just tools. The one thing that using them has in common is a living breathing person. Without the person they will never make a move or never hurt anybody. You can ban every single thing that a person can find and still not stop a person from killing another.

Abel did not slay Cain with an AR semi automatic weapon, he used a common rock. Are you going to ban all rocks? Common sense, it is in short supply.
    Actually, Cain killed Abel. He was limited by the availability of a rock to only one, at least only one at a time.

When you say "enforcing the laws we already have" which gun laws are we not enforcing now?

There are no current laws against movies, video games, or youtube challenges. What new laws concerning those do you propose?

Sorry my bad. I always get those mixed up. Was there a problem with the legal purchase of the firearm that I missed? Oh and I am not worried about the gun laws, the guns are working as advertised and the dealers are selling them the way the aw states they should. The problem is with the person who has them. You will never be able to stop a crazy person from doing harm if they so desire. Quit making the video games so violent, they now glorify stealing, killing and all sorts of things that kids should not even be thinking about. That influences the kids brain, desensitizes them to violence. Same goes with movies and the viral videos all across the internet.

Trying to stop something like the violence by taking or limiting responsible gun owners who have no connection to the crazy people committing these crimes is not fixing anything. More people are killed in automobiles every year than guns, you want to ban all cars? See the logic. How about alcohol, ban alcohol. Doctors and hospital make mistakes, ban them as well?

Abortions kill more babies each year than most other methods combined, why not ban that despicable practice all together. Legalized murder is all it is, so lets ban that. the list goes on, why just pick on guns, who actually kill less than the ones I mentioned.

Until all this hate Trump **** resolves itself by him either being reelected or kicked out of office we're going to have bull crap like this everyday all the time on every issue
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Until all this hate Trump **** resolves itself by him either being reelected or kicked out of office we're going to have bull crap like this everyday all the time on every issue
    I agree with you there. Let the guy do his job, if he screws things up, he can be swatted like a pinata. Actually if he screws things up he will be no worse than the rest of the politicians hanging around DC, but to continuously attack the guy for what he might do or is inquiring about to get ideas is just crazy.

Back on topic, the gun issue has also been going on for decades. Obama was in office during the 9 worst mass shootings in the recent history and yet he and the Dem controlled Congress or any of the others, never passed one single bill to fix the problem or restrict gun sales or use. Trump gathered everyone together in his office/ WH and listened to all suggestions and offered ideas to be discussed. Not only that he did it all in front of cameras so it was openly recorded. WHo else has ever done that? He demanded something be done from Congress, he can not write or pass legislation, that is their job, he only signs what they finally agree on. He told them he wanted something passed that actually did something, not just become fodder for the next election to chortle in front of their fans.

The part that gets me is they are drifting from just talk about banning "assault rifles" and are now talking semi automatics. Just about everything is semi auto with the exception of bolt action, single shot breakovers and revolvers. Actually in my mind you could theoretically consider revolvers as semis because as you pull the trigger it fires one shot and turn the cylinder so the next round is ready to fire, much like a semi auto pistol that many people have now.

The problem is we have clueless politicians talking about things they do not have any understanding of how they operate and they in turn spread the lies to the masses. The media are complete idiots and screw the already screwed up politician misconception into an even worse lie. Just like all of the uproar about the extended capacity magazines, that we now find out were not even used in this shooting. Fix
    the people, they are the ones who are doing the killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Of course we will. We've had it since the site's launch in 2001. Each and every administration has had its detractors. Some folks bash them all from time to time.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Of course we will. We've had it since the site's launch in 2001. Each and every administration has had its detractors. Some folks bash them all from time to time.
    Yep and Ain't it Fun sir. Thank you for giving us this opportunity.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yeah, President Obama took a beating here for 8 years.

I did have a grudge against GW Bush while he was governor and President.

I would welcome him back today. {SIGH}