Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A thought of spring?

I don't know if you're getting the brunt of this stuff Dave but it is bad bad medicine for a lot of the Northeast they just keep getting pounded Time After Time After Time. It reminds me of some of the years where we just got one tornado after another after another. I know it's not the same but it is traumatizing
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    I turned my computer on at 5 this morning and looked at the weather forcast. At the top in the City banner I noticed NYC 34F. and snowing. Dave is probably ready for some relief.

I'm out on Long Island and it is once again bad here. I talked to my wife last night and it was not snowing in PA. I think this storm has tracked farther east. I haven't even looked this morning at the forecast---the wind is still out of the NE so this has a way to run yet.

The restaurant at my hotel didn't open this morning so I took a secondary route to work---past two restaurants which were both closed and ended up getting my breakfast in a bag at McD's---I even had to settle for a cup of their coffee---but life could have been worse----they might have been closed as well
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I just took a picture out of my office window---but it isn't worth posting---the camera can't see any better than I can!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Number 4 for the month due the middle of next week

That's a little rough, 80 degrees and sunny here today with some wind blowing about 18 mph. We could use the moisture if you would send some.

May He Rest In Peace
    I have been running my A/C for two or three days now and Tx. can have my moisture. My yard is starting to dry out, but will be begging for moisture in a couple of months.

Another week, another nor'easter

Coming in now. They are calling for 15" of snow and 50 mph winds in the city. That will assure another round of power outages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Another week, another nor'easter

Coming in now. They are calling for 15" of snow and 50 mph winds in the city. That will assure another round of power outages.
    Stay safe Dave. You guys have been really hammered this year.

My tulips are breaking the ground and the grass is starting to green up.

No moisture here and temps are starting to rise a bit but still below freezing every night and 60 to 70 during the day.

don

God is just reminding Al Gore that his "global warming" nonsense is a sham. Stay safe and warm and watch driving in that slop.

We've had 150+ inches where we are, so I'm glad to see that we are missing this one.

Remember to drive like the folks I saw back in Georgia did during the occasional snow - drive up hills with your brakes on so you don't slip back down. Honest to Pete, I saw it myself back in the 60s.

Citrus trees are blooming and the spring allergies are strong. We did not get a winter this year. Maybe a couple days in the 50's and rainy.

May He Rest In Peace
    Pecans started budding out 2 days ago. It's over down here.

80 degrees today, AC running wide open in the truck.

I checked the Bluebird house today and found 5 eggs in the nest.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke