Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another school shooting in Florida today

It's easy for mental midgets to blame the gun....a hunk of cold seel, plastic, wood, metal....lets blame a object for what the human did.

Why not blame the car for the drunk driver, its the same thing....ban cars....

None of my guns have a will of their own, they can;t think can't bleed, have zero emotions.

Humans kill, humans have emotional outbursts as seen in this thread.

Blame humans for what they do, hold the person responsible for his actions....not a hunk of metal...

More people die by illegal aliens hitting them with a car than by guns and yet nobody blames the illegal for running over aunt Jan...

I was listening to the News and the little whiny brat Shep Smith came on. He was doing his thing and asked what the reason was for people being so angry. I thought to myself, well for one all of the liberals out there, Shep included, who do nothing but mock and attack all of the time, that has to rub on on people. Those people are now irritated and go around to their people and spread more hatred and in turn the hatred is planted in the younger ones as well. I quit listening to Shep a long time ago because all he ever does is mock or bash Trump about everything. He then has the audacity to wonder why America is turning to violence? Maybe because of all of the hatred that the MSM, actors, musicians and others, spread constantly. Always judging and condemning people for every single thing, we can not even have a discussion anymore without somebody crying foul and claiming they were hurt....by words!!!

Back on topic, the timeline for the shooting was given today and this kid was pretty smart actually( and I am not giving him credit for this horrific act, just how he bypassed all of the established safeguards). He took an Uber to the school. He got into the building using an indirect door. He was carrying his rifle in a soft gun case (like that is not noticeable). He shot up 3 classrooms downstairs, two times I believe they said. Then he went up to the second floor and shot up several more rooms. He then went to the third floor, ditched his gun and vest and went back down stairs and mixed in with the terrified students that were leaving the building and walked away. If he had covered his face and changed his clothes we might not ever know who the shooter was. Several of the students recognized him and knew his name and that was the only reason he was caught when he was. Amazing that such a dumb insane fool could come up with something that worked out that way.

I do not know what to say about the parents who lost a loved one and it sure as hell is going to be a scar that those others who lived through it will always carry with them. Such a horrible tragedy to inflict harm on innocent kids, who have only begun to experience their lives. Maybe this will get people to turn down the hatred some, hatred is tearing our Country as well as our world apart. I'm not saying you can't protect yourself, but do we really need to constantly attack someone because we do not like them? Constant barrages from the pundits and the MSM and hollywood liberals and musicians are taking their toll on innocent people. We should all just turn our backs to them and go on with our lives.

Powerful assault weapons are too easy to obtain.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The 223 is not what I would call a powerful weapon. It has a flat trajectory and is easier to pack around compared to the larger round it replaced. Used a Ruger Mini 14 for all kinds of varmit control, coyotes and bobcats around the ranches, but never shot a deer with one. Always used a 270 or 30-06 for that.

Video games and the younger crowd thinking it looks "badass" is the only reason why I think it is as popular as it is. I have one but I dont plan on using it for anything but target shooting, maybe some skunks or coyotes who are bothering the horses. My favorite gun to shoot is an old style lever action 30-30, perfect for deer up to about 100 yards and that shell is much larger than a 223. The old model 700 270 works for anything after 100.

Like I said, the hatred that has taken over our Country is the main cause, not the guns. The biggest recent mass murder in our time was actually committed without a gun at all. It was carried out using some simple box cutter knives and two large airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Powerful assault weapons are too easy to obtain.
    Well, it was not an assault weapon used....

Rifles that shoot bullets from magazines that have a capacity of 30 rounds which can be fired as rapidly as the finger pulls the trigger are too easy to obtain. Maybe I clarified things with this post.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

My son has an AR-15, built it himself. He went deer hunting with some friends for the first time but had to borrow a gun, his friends said the 223 cal. had to much chance of wounding a deer instead of killing it. They also had a "meeting" about where they were allowed to shoot before they went into the woods.They didn't see a deer, just as well my son probably would have froze like I did when I saw my first one. Kids being responsible imagine that!
    Tex said:
    They preach against hate, yet they spread more hate with their rhetoric and vitriol and guess what, some younger person picks up on that and makes the problem worse. You want to change things, be nice, say something good. You want to make the next generation hate, keep spreading hate, it is as simple as that.
    Amen!
    This is your mind on drugs!

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    My son has an AR-15, built it himself. He went deer hunting with some friends for the first time but had to borrow a gun, his friends said the 223 cal. had to much chance of wounding a deer instead of killing it. They also had a "meeting" about where they were allowed to shoot before they went into the woods.They didn't see a deer, just as well my son probably would have froze like I did when I saw my first one. Kids being responsible imagine that!
    Tex said:

Amen!
    For the last three years the deer and hogs I have shot has been with .22 centerfire ammo. I have been shooting .223 and 22.250 bolt guns. With common sense and proper bullet placement you can expect humane and instant death for your game.
    My Great Nice has been killing deer and pigs for three years with an AR style rifle. She started when she was 9 tears old.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    For the last three years the deer and hogs I have shot has been with .22 centerfire ammo. I have been shooting .223 and 22.250 bolt guns. With common sense and proper bullet placement you can expect humane and instant death for your game.
    My Great Nice has been killing deer and pigs for three years with an AR style rifle. She started when she was 9 tears old.
    Cool. Although they all go to the range a lot they have been told by one of the parents that the .223 isn't big enough so they are just listening to that. I've hunted but only when I lived in the woods and that was with a 20 gauge shotgun that had the stock clamped on with two Model A wrenches. Found it in a half fallen down barn in a pile with some wagon wheels and other assorted farm implements. I did well with it but I figure it was because it was the beginning of winter when I went in and I wasn't jumping in the lake to take a bath, nor was I going to wash my only cloths and stand around naked until they dried so I probably smelled more like a deer than they did and I could get close for a shot.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Shoot the deer, pig, coyote, ect. high in the neck or in the brain will bring instant success if done within a reasonable range. In .223 I use FMJ bullets.

FMJ ??

Full Metal Jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    And Drunks have been killing humans with Chevy, Ford, GMC, Dodge, Kia...ect...ect...ect for years and years and yet nobody has blamed the car or the car maker....why is that......