Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G43, M&P Shield or 442 J Frame......

G43, M&P Shield or 442 J Frame......

What pistol should I take to Philly, DC, NYC and such. Will be loading with legal ammo, but in DC your restricted by total number of rounds of ammo along with a maximum in your handgun.

Funny thing is in NYC your restricted to 10rds, except in your duty pistol at the time of retirement & that means I'm legal to carry the Beretta 92 with 15+1 in NYC.

Could take the TRP 1911, but ugh, that's heavy....

And yes, I am legal.......

If I were going to do that I think I'd take a lawyer along
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    If I were going to do that I think I'd take a lawyer along
    Good advice!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Go for it dork---then let us know what you think about Rikers Island
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I stay away from the Communists states..
    07HEMI4ME

A Friend Will Help You Move, But a Real Good Friend Will Help You Move a Body... He will not ask why you are digging the hole or what is in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Good advice!
    You should check out 18 U.S.C. 926B & C I have my 926 c credentials

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926C

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    You should check out 18 U.S.C. 926B & C I have my 926 c credentials

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926C
    You might want to read your own link----your "credentials" ain't worth a bucket of warm spit where you claim to be headed.

But---don't mind me---I've heard Rikers Island is real nice in the spring---them squealing pig sounds come drifting right across the river.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Dork, you should stay out of new York. Only three things worth a Toot ever came out of New York. Sean H., Rush L. and Trump.

The bad news, Hannity is still there.

I am very familiar with 18 U.S.C. §§ 926B & C, commonly know as the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act. When first signed into law by President Bush, I was the person assigned to making sure our department's training and identification cards was in compliance with the Act for the protection of our active and retired peace officers. I am currently qualified under the Act and exercise my privileges whenever I travel out of state.

Yes, Dave, the law does trump most state and local laws regarding concealed carry by qualified persons. To simplify the law, read the "notwithstanding" to mean "regardless of" in this case. The exceptions are on private property where the owner objects and areas of state and local government properties that may be restricted.

Dork, I am not saying a qualified person cannot legally carry a concealed weapon in NYC, because they can under the LEOSA. What I'm saying is I wouldn't because I don't want to be a test case. I have better things to do with my time and money than spending both in jail and court even though I should prevail in the end.

To keep my life simple, I choose not to visit states and locales that are antagonistic to gun owners. Places like NY, NJ and CA will never see my tourist dollars.

Article by NRA attorney
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thank you for that correction---I did not read "notwithstanding" that way.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the one to try to explain that to a NY Cop.

Like I said do what you say you're going to do but have a lawyer on speed dial
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Like I said do what you say you're going to do but have a lawyer on speed dial
    That goes without saying & as a member of CCW Safe it's covered

Did you learn anything???

Dork is not stupid, dumb possibly, but still knows what he talks about when he opens his pie hole. & you sir never would admit Dork is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Thank you for that correction---I did not read "notwithstanding" that way.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the one to try to explain that to a NY Cop.

You were correct dork. That makes one.