I have learned that life is short & while at one stage of life I was narrow minded and shallow refusing to go to city's/states that these places also have lots of offer and see & as long as I have the ability to travel how shallow is it of me to refuse to go someplace I want to....why let politics hold me back....

I've got a brother in Arlington National Cemetery and we have reservations on Ft Myer so I can walk thru the Cemetery to section 60 and have a drink with him......why in hell would I let petty politics stand in the way of something like that....then we are spending a week on JBA, good friend is a Takoma Park officer, another is a Yonkers PD....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I am very familiar with 18 U.S.C. §§ 926B & C, commonly know as the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act. When first signed into law by President Bush, I was the person assigned to making sure our department's training and identification cards was in compliance with the Act for the protection of our active and retired peace officers. I am currently qualified under the Act and exercise my privileges whenever I travel out of state.

Yes, Dave, the law does trump most state and local laws regarding concealed carry by qualified persons. To simplify the law, read the "notwithstanding" to mean "regardless of" in this case. The exceptions are on private property where the owner objects and areas of state and local government properties that may be restricted.

Dork, I am not saying a qualified person cannot legally carry a concealed weapon in NYC, because they can under the LEOSA. What I'm saying is I wouldn't because I don't want to be a test case. I have better things to do with my time and money than spending both in jail and court even though I should prevail in the end.

To keep my life simple, I choose not to visit states and locales that are antagonistic to gun owners. Places like NY, NJ and CA will never see my tourist dollars.

Article by NRA attorney