Thread: I really like this weapon

I really like this weapon

This is very nice. Needs no federal tax stamp is around 26 inches long and carries 30 round 556 mags. It can be had for about 800 bucks. I think it would be s fun toy and could be used in some extreme personal defense situations.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...5-pistol-5-56/
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I think it would be s fun toy and could be used in some extreme personal defense situations.
    Are you afraid of your neighbor?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    That comment begs a question that has been lingering in my mind---and please---this is not meant to be critical of anyone.

When I read some of these posts that get into personal protection and home defense I have to question the circumstances that would cause such concern. I have a CC permit---but I don't carry more than a few times a year---I think last year was none. The only time I do carry is occasionaly when I go to gun shows and have large sums of cash.

I work in the Bronx, the toughest boro in NYC, but feel no need to carry or have a gun in the car. At home---I'd have to unlock the safe to get a gun---then run upstairs to get ammunition if I wanted to "greet" someone.

Again, this is not being judgemental---I just can't connect on this. Are your neighborhoods that dangerous?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

This is very nice. Needs no federal tax stamp is around 26 inches long and carries 30 round 556 mags. It can be had for about 800 bucks. I think it would be s fun toy and could be used in some extreme personal defense situations.

Not a fan of the 5.56 out of a barrel that short, 10.5 is as short as you should ever go as the ballistics stink the shorter you go to the point a 5/56 will tumble, or not even poke a hole in a human due to such a short barrel.

I'd take a serious look at the 300 Blackout, it's designed for a 9 inch barrel and accurate effective range 300 yards or even more.

I've got a 300blk AR pistol, it fits into a small day backpack and legal under my CCP with a Trijicon MRO and it's good out to 300 yards for 2 legged critters.

The guys who built my AR Pistol are in Texas, small gunshop with some major business and HUGE customer basis.

They came out with this video about a year after my build, I don't have a can or that stock, the stock they put in it makes it a SBR and not a pistol. I've got the LAW folding adapter and a Shockwave Technologies Blade Pistol Stabilizer so it's not considered a SBR, but a AR pistol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLqHWY3MQo4&t=4s

https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/. Is who built mine, the forum keeps kicking back links, ugh....

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Nope, not afraid of anybody.....mine fits in a Vertx bag and travels with me. We have ran into a BLM gang that was very hostile way late at night, Couple times some thugs wanting to free us from my wallet, our leftovers, the wife's purse. Late night shows get out after midnight, not letting age or physical limitations stop us from doing what we want...will stay out of known bad areas, but if there is a show or anything we want to see/visit....

Sometimes the AR pistol is with us and sometimes it's not. My favorite old school cafe has a armed on duty cop directing traffic on weekends it's so bad, he made me as armed once and ever since get a "good" seat as we have his back and he knows it. Same at a club we go to, bouncer was having a hell of a night and he recognized my hat & we chatted, since then I've taken a couple drunks off of his back as he's doing his job...he's prior service Army and we just click. No free drinks or anything and it's legal to carry a concealed weapon in such a club so I'm legal & drink Diet Coke while the friends and wife have adult beverages. Have even pulled a harmless beggar off a cop a few shops down from this club, cop was talking to him as he was pissing in a door, he turned around and jumped on the cop like a monkey spider looking for he rodeo. Cop went down, Spider Monkey was freaking and screaming, hitting, spitting and kept going for cops gun....so I did what I needed to do and then the turd was looking down the muzzle of my pistol. Had to do a statement and got a lot of thanks from the cops....

**** happens, do you run, ignore or be active, I'm not looking for trouble, hate it, but not food for thugs and not going to let them stop me having a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That comment begs a question that has been lingering in my mind---and please---this is not meant to be critical of anyone.

When I read some of these posts that get into personal protection and home defense I have to question the circumstances that would cause such concern. I have a CC permit---but I don't carry more than a few times a year---I think last year was none. The only time I do carry is occasionaly when I go to gun shows and have large sums of cash.

I work in the Bronx, the toughest boro in NYC, but feel no need to carry or have a gun in the car. At home---I'd have to unlock the safe to get a gun---then run upstairs to get ammunition if I wanted to "greet" someone.

Again, this is not being judgemental---I just can't connect on this. Are your neighborhoods that dangerous?
    Dave in all actuality it is not so much about protection as it is the enjoyment I experience with my weapons. I like all different kinds and this is one that is unusual compared to what I have. So no I don't live in fear of my life, no I don't live in a dangerous neighborhood, but I do like weapons a bunch.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Dave in all actuality it is not so much about protection as it is the enjoyment I experience with my weapons. I like all different kinds and this is one that is unusual compared to what I have. So no I don't live in fear of my life, no I don't live in a dangerous neighborhood, but I do like weapons a bunch.
    OK---I get that---I have the same affliction
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Made a 72+ hour 1500 mile road trip, had the 300black pistol in a Vertx Gamut Plus along with a Roland Special G19, 100rds for the 300black in 20rd mags and just short of 70rds for the Roland Special. ALso had a G19 on my person and had one Magpul aftermarket "clip" with 17rds in it......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8oPWyEKhgI&t=75s

https://youtu.be/pN7S9hGQ_P8