Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many rounds make you comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Have to agree with Dork. If you don't know the proper terms for firearms, you shouldn't be playing with them.
    We have had this discussion before. Please allow that there are regional differences. If you were in a PA woods hunting deer and referred to a clip as a magazine your buddies would look at you as if you had three eyes----just sayin.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Goodnight View Post
    go scoot on a carpet hoser ....
    That's the best you can come up with, I'm almost embarrassed for you.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    We have had this discussion before. Please allow that there are regional differences. If you were in a PA woods hunting deer and referred to a clip as a magazine your buddies would look at you as if you had three eyes----just sayin.
    Good thing only mouth breathing neanderthals go hunting in PA, keeps the family tree smaller than a butter knife.......

Oh and last time I talked to JV, he was saying it's a magazine and not a clip, but what does JV know, he's not a mouth breathing neanderthal

Wow dorky----now them is some big words for you to try spelling---you must have gotten help on that piece of trash talk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Wow dorky----now them is some big words for you to try spelling---you must have gotten help on that piece of trash talk
    Got to love it, cant argue the points, but easy to say your spelling sucks, lets attack the messenger and not the message.

Typical leftist democrat tactics..

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    Got to love it, cant argue the points, but easy to say your spelling sucks, lets attack the messenger and not the message.

Typical leftist democrat tactics..

That's the best you can come up with, I'm almost embarrassed for you.....
    C'est un engagement approprié pour celui qui ne peut pas arrêter leurs aboiements incessants ...

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    There ya go reminding me of what Mark Twain said again.

Damn you guys seem to take the title of this particular forum literally. Quit shooting at each other down here it's not what this is for.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Decided to use magazines with me pistolet....which works best, News Week or Field and Stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Damn you guys seem to take the title of this particular forum literally. Quit shooting at each other down here it's not what this is for.
    Some people just never ever grow up or stop the trash talking......

Some people just never ever grow up or stop the trash talking......
    At least you're making an honest evaluation concerning yourself... maybe it's a sign that you're starting to mature....

What the heck is wrong with some people?.. How the heck can you purchase a new weapon and not put many 100s of rds through it right away..

JEZZZZ.
    07HEMI4ME

A Friend Will Help You Move, But a Real Good Friend Will Help You Move a Body... He will not ask why you are digging the hole or what is in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by 07HEMI4ME View Post
    What the heck is wrong with some people?.. How the heck can you purchase a new weapon and not put many 100s of rds through it right away..

JEZZZZ.
    So many guns so little time

That's why I simplified things and sold some stuff.

For the original question - I bought a Sig .45, full size. Took me about 50 rounds to get comfortable with the gun. My needs are small, though. And the gun fits my hand just fine. My only issue was adjusting the sights (I like to target practice). Three green balls. "See green and shoot". Sigs are pretty instinctive. I try to run about 100 a month through the gun.

I have a 44 Mag revolver. That took me a while to get the right sights on it. I'm using fiber optics, red blade. At least I can see that. The sights that came with the gun were awful (Ruger Redhawk from about the mid 1970s) and I experimented with battery optics, aperture, etc., before finding this combo. But my Dad gave me that gun and he's gone now so I stuck with it and found something that worked.