Thread: M&P 40

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

M&P 40

Came yesterday, I like it. He got several extended clips but honestly, it fits in my hand just fine with the standard. Haven't fired it yet, how accurate at what distances can I expect? I like the wt.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

You're not going to like it...Little ladies only need little revolvers...It'll hurt your hand and scare you...You should send it to me immediately for proper disposal......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You should also learn the nomenclature - it is NOT A CLIP!!!

It IS A MAGAZINE!!!

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

It IS A MAGAZINE!!!
    I, of course, would never be so callous as to mention such an infraction......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We had that discussion many years ago when I offended the gun gods by committing the exact same mortal sin,

Correct as you are call a clip around here a magazine and the boys are going to regard you as some uppity flatlander with three eyes.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Is anyone going to answer my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

It IS A MAGAZINE!!!

Oh who gives a sh#t.. it clips in, it's a clip

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    Came yesterday, I like it. He got several extended clips but honestly, it fits in my hand just fine with the standard. Haven't fired it yet, how accurate at what distances can I expect? I like the wt.
    I hope you never have to use it at more than 20 yards, it means the bad guy was way to close to you.

The M&P 40 has about the same barrel length as my PPQ...so, I'm guessing the effective range will somewhere around 55 yards...

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Goodnight View Post
    The M&P 40 has about the same barrel length as my PPQ...so, I'm guessing the effective range will somewhere around 55 yards...
    If you're looking for someone to act as catcher for you at 56 yards, keep looking......Ben

And knowing the question might come up, I found this:
    The US Army says it is the distance that a typically trained soldier using issue rifle and standard ammunition has a 50% hit probability on a man torso target.

The US Marines say anything within sight distance of a Marine with a rifle is in “"effective range”.
    In the USAF we said anything within the blast radius was "effective range"......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    If you're looking for someone to act as catcher for you at 56 yards, keep looking......Ben

I said effective, I'm not effective at 56 ....

I said effective, I'm not effective at 56 ....
    Some of the ladies I've known said I haven't been effective since I was 40...Oh wait! We were talking about guns weren't we?...Never mind......Ben

Feel free to take the Jeep ....
    Somehow I think I'd feel a tad safer in something with a bit more armor......Ben