Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 40

The M&P 40 has about the same barrel length as my PPQ...so, I'm guessing the effective range will somewhere around 55 yards...

Quote Originally Posted by Polly Goodnight View Post
    The M&P 40 has about the same barrel length as my PPQ...so, I'm guessing the effective range will somewhere around 55 yards...
    If you're looking for someone to act as catcher for you at 56 yards, keep looking......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

And knowing the question might come up, I found this:
    The US Army says it is the distance that a typically trained soldier using issue rifle and standard ammunition has a 50% hit probability on a man torso target.

The US Marines say anything within sight distance of a Marine with a rifle is in “"effective range”.
    In the USAF we said anything within the blast radius was "effective range"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Feel free to take the Jeep ....
    Somehow I think I'd feel a tad safer in something with a bit more armor......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    If you're looking for someone to act as catcher for you at 56 yards, keep looking......Ben

I said effective, I'm not effective at 56 ....

I said effective, I'm not effective at 56 ....
    Some of the ladies I've known said I haven't been effective since I was 40...Oh wait! We were talking about guns weren't we?...Never mind......Ben