Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wife knows best

The wife knows best

Did a little shooting Saturday at Buds state of the art range in Tennessee. Wife shot my XDS 9mm and her .40 Shield. She shot pretty good. Then I pulled out my new P229 Elite and shot a couple of clips through it. She wanted to shoot it. I told her it was pretty heavy. She shot it very well. We get back in the car and she says I want one of those. I said no. Well I am now the owner of a P225 A1. Um excuse me she is. She knows quality when she sees it or shoots it that is. Got the 225 instead of the 229 because of size.

Should of gotten her a 40 cal Walther PPQ .... then, she would of aced you on the range with ease...

hickok45 demos the PPQ.....

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I like it...I'll have to get the feel of one when I get the chance......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I like it...I'll have to get the feel of one when I get the chance......Ben
    Yeah, me too.

Spring Guns and Ammo opened a store pretty close to me. They have an indoor range and rent firearms. Maybe they have one I can try out.......

If you still owned Shooter's Station, I would drive the extra miles and go there.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If you still owned Shooter's Station, I would drive the extra miles and go there.
    The new owners at Shooter's Station don't even know me...If I still owned it, I'd stay open late until you got there...

If David and his Dad still own Spring Guns & Ammo, tell him I said "hey"...They've got two locations now, the original on Spring-Cypress Road, and another on I-45 which is probably closer for you......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I will check out the ppq. I am always up for a new gun. Just ordered a walther CCP 9mm I bagged for 339.00 at smga.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

A heads up....the CCP has been recalled.... may discharge when dropped. Have it checked out to be safe

Maybe that is why it was so heavily discounted. My ffl is a gunsmith so when it comes in I will have him check it and if it is covered by the recall I will send back. Thanks
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This should help,

http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp-recall/

Walther Arms has identified a potential condition in Walther CCP pistols that could potentially cause it to discharge if dropped whether the manual safety is engaged (on) or disengaged (off). The safety of our customers is our paramount concern so we have voluntarily initiated this recall because of the possibility of a drop-fire occurring.

Please do not load or fire your Walther CCP pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have your pistol upgraded free of charge.

If your pistol has already been upgraded, there will be a dot milled onto the back side of the magazine opening.

Recalls on pistols not good. Sign of poor quality control. Walther used to be among the best but hardly anything is made in Germany anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Recalls on pistols not good.
    I disagree...Recalls on anything are good, when the alternative is leaving the product on the market, and hoping for the best...Recalls acknowledge human failure, and the willingness to correct it......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I disagree...Recalls on anything are good, when the alternative is leaving the product on the market, and hoping for the best...Recalls acknowledge human failure, and the willingness to correct it......Ben
    Well yes Ben, but but but,..........some brands rarely if ever have a recall. Remington had a recall on a pistol and you can't give them away.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Well yes Ben, but but but,..........some brands rarely if ever have a recall. Remington had a recall on a pistol and you can't give them away.
    Remington can't even build a good rifle anymore (in my opinion) so why would you buy a pistol from them.
    Bob

Found a sig P229 enhanced elite for 699 at cdnn. Might be hard to lay off that one.