Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wife knows best

Just ordered it. She loved my P229 Elite and this one is a little a little step up. Confidence in a weapon means means bad guy has bad day.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Stopped and got a couple hundred rounds of ammo for the upcoming trip to visit my son. We are going to have a little range time. Taking wifes 9mm and my 45 with us, should be a fun week. Hers is a Taurus and mine is an XDM, both shoot fairly sweet. I was really surprised at her Taurus, for a cheap gun it is accurate and easy to handle.

I have heard good things about Taurus these days. Some folks are spooked because they are made in South America. Not me. I have a xds 9mm and it is really nice.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I had some reservations about the Taurus, but after putting maybe 350 rounds through it, it has never had a problem. Easy to break down and clean and it fits my huge paw easily. She is getting good with it and that suits me. The thing i do not like about the XDM is I really feel better with a hammer. I do not keep a round chambered until I am ready to fire, as I have yet to trust the "safety" completely. I have a friend with a 1911 style Kimber that he keeps chambered and cocked when carrying and I have told him that if it were mine, it would be chambered but not cocked. Just a mind thing with me I guess, but I would rather be safe than sorry and have an accidental discharge due to something like that.

It does not take much time to cock the hammer back and just a bit more to charge the chamber on a hammer-less one, so I will take my chances.

Her 9 is on the left and the xdm is on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4907.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	36550