Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Legal 14" (non-NFA) Shotgun

New Legal 14" (non-NFA) Shotgun

I might just get one of these for home defense (and more!).

ARTICLE

And, yes, I know what the recoil will be like. I already own a Remington 870 12 ga. with a pistol grip. Never shoot one at eye level. Don't ask how I know.

Mossberg's Site
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Somebody had told me the NFA rules now allowed for those...I still want an Ithaca Auto & Burglar......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What will something like that cost?

They are between 350 and 400. Called the Shockwave. Go to YouTube and watch hickok45 video. I have one. I have not shot it much but I like it.

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Firearms like that come with a learning curve. Watch your self and be careful AND have fun. I will wait for the 20 ga. or the .410. At the distance you will be using it, it makes no difference. The smaller ones will be easier to control. In the meantime the Judge will fill the bill.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    The smaller ones will be easier to control. In the meantime the Judge will fill the bill.
    Bob
    Which is why I'd rather have the Auto/Burglar...

As for the Judge in .45LC/.410, I sold a lot of them, oddly enough to people who wanted them for self protection...It seems the folks who bought them for personal defense always asked for buckshot loads...I always told them there is a reason why you don't find .410 shotguns in police cars...Then I recommended .45LC HP ammo, and they usually bought both...But what do I know, after all, I'm only the gun dealer...Their best use is loading it with birdshot, and carrying it on the tractor, or riding mower, or 4-wheeler for snakes...

Mike has one (he'd better still have it), and he may have an opinion......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I was just thinking about Mike having one, Mike, do you like it?
    Some years ago I listened to the sales guy in a for real gun store trying to move a couple with no gun experience from a pistol to a shotgun, with zero success.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I listened to the sales guy in a for real gun store trying to move a couple with no gun experience from a pistol to a shotgun, with zero success.
    That was always a tough sell for me, but I had to try for the sake of my conscience......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I sold a lot of them, oddly enough to people who wanted them for self protection...It seems the folks who bought them for personal defense always asked for buckshot loads..
    This may be a dumb question but... what is the difference between 'self protection' and 'personal defense'?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    This may be a dumb question but... what is the difference between 'self protection' and 'personal defense'?
    The only dumb questions are the ones unasked...There is no difference......Ben

Sure wish that was an option for hackers
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    I stopped by our local lumberyard today. They sell a few guns and had one of these hanging on the wall for sell. Five hundred and something dollars so I left it hanging on the wall.

An alternative to the weapon the subject of this thread would be the 930 spx made by the same company. The pistol grip model is nice. Some may find it a little easier to handle.

Five hundred and Mossberg don't go together in my mind

To make it more interesting you could always get an old 11-87 and cut the barrel down. Don't have to worry about pumping it either.

Their best use is loading it with birdshot, and carrying it on the tractor, or riding mower, or 4-wheeler for snakes...
    Had a 410 called the "Snake charmer" that I carried for snakes. It was not easy trying to blow the head off with a 45 or a 357.