Thread: and this piece just sold! I still can't believe it

and this piece just sold! I still can't believe it

hoping the money will help my husband forgive me for taking up the kitchen during the painting! lol

Americana exotica

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

I suppose I could comment on the subject matter, but this ain't the Bilge...

It's very nice, Candace, I like that you showed the varying stages of it...Now go make your husband some breakfast......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Paid artist in the house. Way to go.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Very nice T---and good for you

The progressive pictures are very interesting.

A number of years ago my wife had visited a local artist's studio and told me about a painting in the works that she had found to be very lovely.

I went with her to see the partially completed painting. It was a winter scene of a still pond and some amount of remaining open water. The artist explained that he had not yet added the ducks coming in for a landing.

I was surprised to see that he had a number of paintings in similar states of completion and obviously that was how he worked.

My wife had told me the price she estimated for the painting based on other works before we got there. We decided we wanted the painting and asked him to finish it and call us.

About a month later he called and we went to see the completed painting and confirmed that we wanted it. I then asked the price---my wife had been a little light---about 50% light. The artist left the room for a minute as we were getting ready to make the payment and I leaned over to my wife and said: "how about asking him to take a few of those damn ducks back out"!

But---it hangs on the living room wall---with all of those damn ducks still coming in for a landing and the shock of the cost has long past. We now have four of his original pieces---but no more ducks!

The artist, Dan Christ.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-10-2016 at 07:04 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

LOL more ducks!!! LOL I like that story very much, thanks for sharing his art too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Holy crap!...155 bucks for a picture of one of his paintings?...I did a lot better than that with my numbered print of "Sidonea Menageria"...Maybe I'll sell it someday for an obscene profit and retire...

Don't bother bidding on it you cheap bastards, I'm holding out for the big bucks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here are those damn ducks in all their aeronautical glory
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Them Damn Ducks.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	36482  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

LOL Ben...

Gorgeous piece Dave