Thread: 4'x8' CNC Machine for Less Than $500

4'x8' CNC Machine for Less Than $500

I'll be taking a closer look at this wood CNC machine. It might be a handy toy.

Dave, you will probably find the Maslow CNC Design Overview video interesting. It is a bit down the page.

Take a look HERE.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My plan in three years is to retire and buy land out in a desert town and build a large steel building and make a large woodworking shop that might make me some money. I was to make or get a panel cutter for the wall but this could do the same job and more. Booked marked the page and will keep it in mind.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Very interesting----step out of the box and you might see the world in an entirely different way. My hat is off to them and I wish them luck in this and all their future endeavors.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What keeps the router held down to the surface. didnt watch the video, slow connection tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    What keeps the router held down to the surface. didnt watch the video, slow connection tonite.
    Gravity
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Dang. My routers like to jiggle around quite a bit when cutting. Looks like those cables would not hold it steady enough. Pretty nifty if it works as advertised.

wow,,, that's cool. I'd love to have a CNC to sculpt polystyrene

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr