Thread: Ugly trucks...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    To see some of the ugliest trucks in the world, we now visit Australia again for the Yesteryear Truck Grand Parade...God bless the Aussies!!......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Excellent work, my friends. Those are beautiful trucks.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Dual flathead.. have a picture (must figure out how to post it) of dual flatheads mounted on a flatbed truck and used to power a belt drive thrasher.. heard it run, beautiful music...

Also cabover 59 Chevy made into a pickup..

Both from a car show near Elkhart Indiana..

I also have a Brockway Husky hood ornament, saved from junkyard, that was destined for my F-350.. still in garage toolbox

I never heard of an inertia starter on a truck engine, but I don't remember hearing about a Federal truck either...

From the video description:
    This is how we crank up the inertia starter on my 1943 Federal Model 606 7-1/2 ton 6x6. This truck was originally built for the Army Air Corps during World War Two as a C2 wrecker, but the wrecker equipment has since been removed. It is powered by a Hercules 855 ci HXD 6 cylinder gasoline engine developing about 200 hp and over 600 foot lbs of torque at 900 rpm. The engine is also equipped with a normal electric starter. The inertia starter is an Eclipse Aviation Engine Starter and was original equipment on the truck. Eclipse was part of Bendix. The Army Air Force considered this truck an emergency vehicle and needed it to be capable of being started when the battery was dead and no other vehicles were around.
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

A 58-59 Chevie COE made into a pickup.. it is realy that short and fat..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	co-1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	458.4 KB 
ID:	37298

Name:	co-2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	37299

Twin flatheads mounted on a flatbed, used to drive a belt powered thrasher ..

Name:	fh-2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	481.5 KB 
ID:	37300

Name:	fh-3.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	505.8 KB 
ID:	37301

Name:	fh-4.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	37302

Name:	fh-5.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	37303

We always had an inertia starter for anything that needed one when I was a kid. Any tractor with a weak battery would get parked on a hill across from the barn during the daytime--worked equally well for cars and trucks as well
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Almost a year with no ugly trucks added...Time to end the drought......Ben