Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ugly trucks...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Running a cold engine up like that is criminal.
    I agree...Without sound on my computer I have no way of judging how fast it was running...But it might be remembered that two-stroke Detroit Diesels sound like they are running twice as fast as they really are......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I hate to be negative----but I hope the jerk that started that thing up is also the owner. If not someone should have dragged him out of the cab and beat him severely about the head with a BFH

Running a cold engine up like that is criminal.
    We can definitely agree on that!!
    This is your mind on drugs!

I gotta get my sound fixed...I really, REALLY need to hear this one......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The sound of the air starter is one thing---the sound of that jimmy is another

He talks about this one running away---but they got it starved for air in time.

I had one run away from me but before I could pull the emergency stop it ate itself for lunch

When it happened I was digging a deep bore pit to do a jack and bore under a RR. I was sitting on a shelf about 10' down with a Koehring excavator. That position made the noise even louder---at first I thought a helicopter was landing on my head! We ended up rebuilding that devil down in that hole
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I gotta get my sound fixed...I really, REALLY need to hear this one......Ben
    YES! Get your sound fixed!!

Another 16V71 in a really ugly Mack prime mover......Ben

A face only a mothertrucker could love......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Another 16V71 in a really ugly Mack prime mover......Ben

Beautiful truck!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Beautiful truck!
    You missed a lot of nice trucks at the Conroe Cruisers show today...Nothing that size though...The closest was a '34 Plymouth one ton dually converted to a Cummins "B" industrial engine......Ben

Beautiful truck!
    My guess is that was built just up the road from me in Macungie (Bear Swamp in Lenape) PA. It appears as though many standard parts are used.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My guess is that was built just up the road from me in Macungie (Bear Swamp in Lenape) PA.
    Speaking of Macungie this year...

(Too bad the video wasn't better quality...I'll wait for Coverage from Daily Diesel Dose)

...Ben

Beautiful truck!
    Absofrigginlutely!

Since we don't have an Ugly Tractor thread, I figured this one might find a place here among kindred souls......Ben

Excellent---thank you

Australia is home to some of the world's ugliest trucks...Aussies are always proud to show them off, and justifiably so...Like this Jimmy powered Diamond T......Ben