Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Malhuer National Wildlife Reserve Armed Protest

I heard a report that they had explosives buried.

You see they even had red-neck racist cowboys up there at the Wildlife Refuge too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I heard a report that they had explosives buried.
    More MSM nonsense I suppose. Those explosives were found the first few days during the take over,, they were worried since the explosives were improperly stored by the public employee there at the refuge. They called the sherrif dept. so they were aware and wouldn't get blamed down the road. This whole thing was blown out of proportion. There wasn't even a miltia there. They all left after the first week or so. What was left was a few clowns playing camo dress up that would probably end up shooting their left toe off before any fed. One of the last four left had of all things a shotgun...wtf was he going to do with that against .308's and night vision. This is beyond stupid and an huge over reaction by feds.

But that truth does not make news, so it is easier for the newshounds to leave the main story out and just put in bits that suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    But that truth does not make news, so it is easier for the newshounds to leave the main story out and just put in bits that suit them.
    The truth is boring.
    This is your mind on drugs!

despite what you are guys keep saying, the msm hasn't really paid much attention to this stuff. And claiming the this is some over reaction by the feds is laughable.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    And claiming the this is some over reaction by the feds is laughable.
    You won't find this video laughable. It shows those "domestic terrorists" and especially that really bad terrorist Lavoy Finicum destroying and smashing extremely rare indian artifacts at the Wildlife Refuge just like the MSM told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6is6NJhnORE

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    despite what you are guys keep saying, the msm hasn't really paid much attention to this stuff. And claiming the this is some over reaction by the feds is laughable.
    Everybody has been saying that the msm hasn't really paid attention, your right, that to me is the strange part. The way they milk and exaggerate every story they can get their hands on. Here they have murder and mayhem and they have like you said, pretty much not bothered with it. And giving no proof real or other wise it seems to me that the feds went way over the top with this, they were going to squash it period no ifs ands or buts. There was going to be no story getting out any where. They left no doubt, purposely that you can't fight city hall, you will play by my rules period!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blaze View Post
    You won't find this video laughable. It shows those "domestic terrorists" and especially that really bad terrorist Lavoy Finicum destroying and smashing extremely rare indian artifacts at the Wildlife Refuge just like the MSM told.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6is6NJhnORE
    So could you post a link to this travesty brought by the MSM?

Frankly, that video is laughable--- how does Mr. Finicum become the guardian of these supposed artifacts? They don't belong to him or any of the other outlaws. Their claim of wanting to open a dialog with the Paiute Indians is laughable---- they aren't interested in the Indians, they are interested in grand standing.

As for the poor storage conditions of the "projectile"---- they are stone arrow heads---- what---- they going to rot?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Whether he was right or wrong, grandstanding or otherwise what was he doing in a federal storage facility without permission. Yea we know now, they were taking the lead but they had no idea where they were headed. I wish they had done this right one way or another, one mistake after another, they blew it before they even got started it seems.

Interesting if you listen to the 4:30 mark. This is what they were doing in Oregon. Severing those ties. In fact a couple days before he was shot ranchers meant right there at the refuge to sign those documents he was talking about. Others did it at the same time but not in Oregon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gObV9V0eGK4

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    So could you post a link to this travesty brought by the MSM?

Frankly, that video is laughable--- how does Mr. Finicum become the guardian of these supposed artifacts? They don't belong to him or any of the other outlaws. Their claim of wanting to open a dialog with the Paiute Indians is laughable---- they aren't interested in the Indians, they are interested in grand standing.

As for the poor storage conditions of the "projectile"---- they are stone arrow heads---- what---- they going to rot?
    Dave the point I was trying to make with these videos and this one especially is the media here in Oregon and Washington wanted you to believe they were destroying the artifacts. You should have read the comments sections. They wanted these guys either shot or in jail for destroying artifacts...again blown way out of proportion by msm.

I never heard that back here---in fact overall I'd say the reporting was generally balanced.

Back to the issue of the artifacts for a moment: There is a basic "misunderstanding" on the part of the ranchers. They were going to make a grand gesture toward the Indians by returning the artifacts----well---the ranchers didn't own the artifacts. Like it or not they can't give away someone else's (yours and mine) property---that is illegal.

Everything these guys did was illegal---period.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I never heard that back here---in fact overall I'd say the reporting was generally balanced.

Back to the issue of the artifacts for a moment: There is a basic "misunderstanding" on the part of the ranchers. They were going to make a grand gesture toward the Indians by returning the artifacts----well---the ranchers didn't own the artifacts. Like it or not they can't give away someone else's (yours and mine) property---that is illegal.

Everything these guys did was illegal---period.
    Well since no one wants to research anything but their own spin, have anyone of you guys looked at the agreement the states made to be part of the union? Something in Oregon and even better in Nevada's states agreement was about the land that belonged to the United States and it shall not be taxed, etc...... There was never any idea of selling or giving it "back to" in any part to the states, so the whole idea is mute.

Now we are back to the criminals that wanted to be leaders of the revelation that the government should give up something., I say shoot the entire lot and quit giving them free jail space. meals, and air.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Well since no one wants to research anything but their own spin, have anyone of you guys looked at the agreement the states made to be part of the union? Something in Oregon and even better in Nevada's states agreement was about the land that belonged to the United States and it shall not be taxed, etc...... There was never any idea of selling or giving it "back to" in any part to the states, so the whole idea is mute.
    We covered that a month ago Fred---and with regard to the tax issue--the Federal Government pays the local governments a fee in-lieu of taxes.