Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Malhuer National Wildlife Reserve Armed Protest

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    unless you know and trust the person who made and narrated the videos, they should all be considered BS. ppl love to make conspiracy vids
    That should disqualify all videos made by the present adminstration and any of the news networks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    They have a generator---and fuel.

I was not aware of that. Time to shoot holes in the fuel tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    unless you know and trust the person who made and narrated the videos, they should all be considered BS. ppl love to make conspiracy vids
    Totally agree! I know there are men in combat gear but I couldn't tell if it was really Burns, I'll assume it was simply because there were people in the comments section from Burns that acknowledged it.
    There are enough police from everywhere for me to know something ain't right. You know how it is when a cop gets shot, how all the police turn it up a notch? Well that is what the police are acting and looking like, only this time they are doing the shooting.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Fuel will eventually run out. It is an office for a wildlife park, not like there is a whole lot of stuff going on in the middle of winter up there. I mean for some perspective, how long did the hippies take over the Park and Wall Street? How many of them got shot?

The arrows just do not line up, why is this making such a big deal with all of the LEO's showing up? There is nothing there that needs any protecting, the animals do not need humans to take care of them. This just seems to be bigger than what we are being told.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta...oves_in_o.html

1 / 130
    FBI agents have surrounded the remaining four occupiers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Feb.10, 2016. These lights are seen from the Narrows roadblock.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think the whole lot of them are criminals who should have been arrested at the beginning.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I agree.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I think the whole lot of them are criminals who should have been arrested at the beginning.
    me too

If they were black would we even be hearing about this? Much adieu about very little. Saw an overhead pic of the place they took over, nothing around for miles and the place was deserted. The way the media has played it out, you would think Central Park was under attack.

I believe the takeover was more to attract attention, than to do any real harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This time and the first one should have had a lot of arrests. Thought some here figured he didn't owe the fees.

Hopefully this one ends peaceful.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

At the final moment after the first three had walked out, Fry said he was feeling suicidal and wouldn't give himself up. He demanded to talk to an FBI negotiator by phone as others repeatedly urged him to calm down and walk out.

"I'm a free man and I will die a free man," Fry said as the frantic conversation played out on a live feed online.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-sta...4_occupie.html

friggen idiot,,, maybe he shouldn't have done the crime

BURNS – The occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, undertaken 41 days ago with guns and threats, ended Thursday with the peaceful surrender of four holdouts after an hourlong negotiation with the last protester.

Those taken into custody by the FBI were David Fry, 27, of the Cincinnati area, Jeff Banta, 46, of Elko, Nevada, Sean Anderson, 47, and his wife, Sandy, 48, of Riggins, Idaho. They each face a federal conspiracy charge for their role in the occupation, joining at least 12 others already arraigned on that charge.

At the final moment after the first three had walked out, Fry said he was feeling suicidal and wouldn't give himself up. He demanded to talk to an FBI negotiator by phone as others repeatedly urged him to calm down and walk out.

"I'm a free man and I will die a free man," Fry said as the frantic conversation played out on a live feed online.

Over an hour, Fry rebuffed supporters again and again, saying he feared going to prison and losing his freedom.

Fry had played a role throughout the occupation providing social media help to the protesters.

"We will pray you out," a woman's voice was heard saying at one point, but then Fry said he was pointing a gun at his head.

"I'm really confused right now," he said as the entreaties continued for him to leave the refuge.

Finally, Fry said he wanted a cigarette and cookie and started walking out.

The FBI confirmed minutes later that he was in custody.

I don't condone his actions but I can't help but feel sorry for anyone that messed up in the head

lock em up....works for me. We are a Nation of Laws and Courts. Not a gun toting Banana Republic of rabble.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    .........Saw an overhead pic of the place they took over, nothing around for miles and the place was deserted. The way the media has played it out, you would think Central Park was under attack.

I believe the takeover was more to attract attention, than to do any real harm.
    It is still an armed insurrection and should have been treated as such on day one.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke