Thread: Info from experts

Info from experts

Know that there are some of y'all out there that have a much more extensive knowledge than I when it comes to pistols. That being said, can anyone give me some insight on the following questions.

1. Kimber makes and sells many different models of the 1911. in a full size model, are the inner workings manufactured alike, or are there differences in the way they are made ?.

2. Will using the 22 cal attachment for practice in anyway harm the pistol ?.

Thanks.

The innards are identical except for return spring mechanisms for the various barrel lengths, and the degree of hand-fitting for some of the Custom Shop models...Some also have ambi-safeties...The .22 conversion is a good product...

I like carrying my Ultra Tactical for the weight savings over my old Gold Cup......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    The advice window is always open, and I always charge what it's worth......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...