Thread: I want a .30 carbine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I want a .30 carbine

it doesn't have to be in perfect condition,,, some wear is ok. How much do you think I should expect to pay? I would really ideally like to get a hold of an Underwood and even better if it had a Singer receiver... What do you think my chances are? It's the only rifle I have interest in, my childhood favorite.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

One of my all time favorite long guns (although it barely qualifies as long)...I'm PM'ing you the name and contact info of the person who probably knows as much as anyone on the planet about M-1 carbines since David Williams died...I know her personally and have done business with her...

My only advice on buying one is stay away from the civilian copies such as Universal......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'd love to have one, but too pricey for me.

Wish I'd bought one 40 years ago when they were cheap.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'd love to have one, but too pricey for me.

Wish I'd bought one 40 years ago when they were cheap.
    so what do you see them for, 1000 + ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    so what do you see them for, 1000 + ?
    http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=m1+carbine
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

dang it Ben, I was on there earlier and fell in love with this one http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=529260150

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    One of my all time favorite long guns (although it barely qualifies as long)...I'm PM'ing you the name and contact info of the person who probably knows as much as anyone on the planet about M-1 carbines since David Williams died...I know her personally and have done business with her...

My only advice on buying one is stay away from the civilian copies such as Universal......Ben
    good to know