Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thigh holster

thigh holster

where can I get one, for my 22 chiappa ? Saw someone wearing a nylon holster once and thought it looked comfy.

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

I've tried them in the past, and found that my leg gets tired of it after awhile...Here's several, the Blackhawk will probably give you the most comfort, but is the priciest and may not fit your revolver...You might look for a universal fit with those style features...

Since I suspect you'll be carrying it mostly outdoors while working, the thigh holster will also be more likely to snag on brush...I'd suggest a small of the back (SOB) holster for your purposes, or even a shoulder rig...The Chiappa is fairly light in weight, and shouldn't be too cumbersome in either one...Most long-time carriers like me have gone through many different guns and holsters until settling on the right one...

You ladies have extra problems finding the right carry mode since shapelier hips interfere with a belt holster due to the fact that, well, you're built differently from us guys (thank you, God)...The most memorable one I sold was to a young lady to whom I sold a KelTec .32...She had to wear hospital scrubs every day to work, and I wound up ordering a small thigh holster which she wore under the scrubs like a garter belt...She also wore it with her dresses, and as she pointed out, no man was likely to attack her while she was lifting her skirt (not with those legs)...

Whichever one you choose, try to make it one which holds it snug against the body, without any swinging to and fro......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

One other thought: tactical nylon or kydex acts like sandpaper against a blued or coated gun's finish...Expect early finish wear in anything besides leather...Below is one of my everyday carry rigs...Others here......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here is Bo in the desert modeling his
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	36238  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Bo needs to shave his legs......Ben

heyyyy smexy

thanks ben

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    heyyyy smexy

thanks ben
    As usual, the pleasure was mine......Ben

Candace, seeing you posting elsewhere reminded me I had meant to recommend trying on a crossdraw holster for your six-shooter...A lot of ladies have found them comfortable for outdoor open carry......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Candace, seeing you posting elsewhere reminded me I had meant to recommend trying on a crossdraw holster for your six-shooter...A lot of ladies have found them comfortable for outdoor open carry......Ben

ooooh there's a thought. thanks I'll look into that

ooooh there's a thought. thanks I'll look into that
    Here's a Tucker & Byrd crossdraw for concealed carry...I apologize for the slovenly appearance of the mannequin, but my model budget only goes so far......Ben

i just don't think I want to feel it at my rib cage like that

i just don't think I want to feel it at my rib cage like that
    The outdoor version I pictured first is worn at waist level...It's very comfortable...Try one on......Ben

where can I get one, for my 22 chiappa ? Saw someone wearing a nylon holster once and thought it looked comfy.
    My Walter PPS is nested in a Safariland belt slide 577 GLS Pro Fit holster .

http://www.safariland.com/products/h...sz=12&start=25

Well Polly, long time, no hear from......Ben

Still on Parole