Thread: Get your Made in America Kalashnikov now

Get your Made in America Kalashnikov now

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/30/news...usa/index.html

Kalashnikov USA announced on Tuesday that it is now selling AK-47 assault rifles and shotguns that have been manufactured at a U.S. factory.
    The Kalashnikov USA web site provides a menu of two rifles and two shotguns, all semiautomatics. One of the rifles features a curved, banana-style high-capacity magazine with 30 rounds.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The old tank mechanic would be proud, wouldn't he?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    The old tank mechanic would be proud, wouldn't he?......Ben
    Quite a bit more than a mechanic as I'm sure you know, maybe he's on facebook and we could ask him?
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    Quite a bit more than a mechanic as I'm sure you know, maybe he's on facebook and we could ask him?
    Probably a tad late...He died almost two years ago at the age of 94...He served under Georgy Zhukov as a mechanic on T-34's during WWII...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Kalashnikov

His invention is the most mass-produced firearm in history......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I didn't know that he'd died, 94 eh, the good die young.
    Those Russians are an odd lot. Mikhail and his family were stripped of property and deported to siberia? Stalin killed millions of Russians, "MILLIONS!" tortured, starved....what an evil man yet he is still a national hero, as long as your around other Russians maybe? But the motherland is strong in their hearts for sure.
    Thanks Ben, I'm a little slow but I get there.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    ....what an evil man yet he is still a national hero
    The victors get to write the history books...If the Axis Powers had defeated the Allies, every schoolchild since then would have been taught that Stalin was the antichrist, and Hitler was the savior of the world...

They were both evil incarnate, but Stalin still had more notches on the grip of his gun, having killed 25 million of his own people plus untold millions of others...The only good thing is that they may both be boiling in the same pot in Hell for eternity...

As I recall, General Kalashnikov met Eugene Stoner, the designer of the AR-15, at one of the S.H.O.T. shows, but it was not one that I attended...I would like to have met them both......Ben