Thread: Not so good pic

Not so good pic

Not being the brightest bulb in the light , I have to ask.

The bolt is closed, right?.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-animal-photo/

And the barrel is pointed at her, or to be more precise, her elbow. Not familiar enough to see or know if the safety is on.

Since the scary rifle is unlikely to fire on its own -- liberal reasoning notwithstanding -- I'm pretty sure she is safe.
    Avowed Contrarian / Occasional Jingoist / Politically Incorrect

“The world seems full of good men, even if there are monsters in it.” -- Bram Stoker

Sorry to disappoint you Mac. I am about as far from being a liberal as you can get. My only point was that with the bolt closed, there is no way to be sure the rifle isn’t loaded. And, no matter what anyone says, since any firearm is ALWAYS loaded, you should NEVER place yourself in the line of fire nor should you point it at anyone.

Lessons driven home to two sons by a father who always had one or two on the rack of the truck. Back in the day when theft was not a problem nor were there the many freaked out idiots you see running around today who are afraid of nerf guns.

John Kerry would probably never have a bolt closed when being photographed with game....

"Mr. Kerry’s Ohio hunting adventure started last Saturday, when the senator, campaign entourage in tow, went into a grocery store and asked the owner: “Can I get me a hunting license here?” Even the phraseology sounded staged. Mr. Kerry ordinarily doesn’t talk this way, and his language sounded fake and patronizing — as if he was pretending to talk like someone from rural Ohio."
    Link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-090857-8206r/

"Mr. Kerry and his handlers wanted to come away with sanitized pictures they think will play well with focus groups. After two hours of hunting, photographers with long photo lenses noticed that Mr. Kerry’s hand was bloodied. By the time he reached the reporters, he had tucked that hand into his sleeve. Unlike the other hunters, all of them carrying their geese, Mr. Kerry was careful not to be photographed holding the bird he shot. He’s triangulating — trying to do whatever he can to to persuade hunters he’s their buddy, without completely alienating animal-rights backers on the political left who might be inclined to support him."

Take your pick... John Kerry, or a hunter safety violating Sarah Palin. - who by the way never said she could see Russia from her kitchen sink window... Snopes http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

We worship tin horn know nothings like Kerry and closely critique do somethings like Palin.....

Greenie, I'll go with Sarah thank you very much.

P.S. What part of the Great State are you from I me own self was brought into this world in the Waldo Co. Hospital. Lived in Swanville as a very young child.

Two fools that never should have been elected to any office and you guys are wondering which is one is lighter in the loafers.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Two fools that never should have been elected to any office and you guys are wondering which is one is lighter in the loafers.
    Twenty four words! Way to go Fred! I've never heard of a woman's femininity or lack thereof described as being "light in the loafers" ... Care to expand a little so I can try to make some sense of what you are talking about?

This is a post in the Shooting Sports forum and you goobers can't refrain from making a political grade school pissing match out of it.

Personally, I agree with IV, questionable gun handling.

It was a preemptive strike - had I not rose in her defense the Bush/Palin/Tea Party haters would have gotten the first dig.

I see it more as chivalrous than political.

If I shot an animal that went down I probably wouldn't chamber another round. Well, I probably would because I wouldn't want to walk up on a wounded bear, but I am not a hunter, Sarah is. She I'll bet knows about gun safety, is obviously not alone (picture) and wouldn't it be silly to leave the bolt open out in the woods or after laying your rifle on a bear, you don't want dirt or bear hair getting into the chamber do you?
    This is your mind on drugs!