Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He who is NOT to be Questioned

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I think Ben is correct...
    I need to start saving these things again......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

LOL!

I bet there's some times when ANY President has wanted to do that!

Quote Originally Posted by chew 'n' spit View Post
    Just for fun to lighten the mood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcHA4SUsYyE

No one noticed my word 'glowering'

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm trying to make Kevin proud of me......Ben

Time to go...you guys have a nice evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I need to start saving these things again......Ben

No one noticed my word 'glowering'
    Too "20th century"...It has to score at least an 8.5 on the obscurity scale......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Actually I think you are making a accurate assesment and reporters are often pushy that's nothing new. We were warned about this. Mitt Romney is not used to having his authority questioned and he handles it very poorly when someone does question him.

That is just who he is.
    It sounded to me to be a reporter --- first making a statement--- but then after getting a reply he didn't agree with, he repeated the statement------over and over again. This is not reporting---- this is bashing and the same as calling out "liar---liar". This kinda "reporting??" is encitement and for most others would be looking for a knuckle sandwich.

I'm not a big fan of Romneys, but as previously noted -- he's the only one running against Obuma. I liked Michele B. and I think Sarah (who, by the way, just got big numbers for your Cruz candidate in Texas) would do better-----AND EITHER WOULD ALSO BE THE ONLY ONE RUNNING AGAINST OBUMA.

Let's face it dudes---and dudesses----the great majority of you would vote for about anybody short of a mass murderer before you'd allow the Obuma policies go unchecked. And that's what it all amounts to --- not the man, but his policies, agendas and executive orders; or HIS fundamental transformation on our U.S.A. [just like he said he was going to do from the beginning---but too many were paying to little attention].
    Sam

meh, He was referring to a specific statement made by Mitt regarding not being surrounded by lobbiests (sp)...Mitt got busted and like I said he is NOT a man who likes to be questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
    It sounded to me to be a reporter --- first making a statement--- but then after getting a reply he didn't agree with, he repeated the statement------over and over again. This is not reporting---- this is bashing and the same as calling out "liar---liar". This kinda "reporting??" is encitement and for most others would be looking for a knuckle sandwich.

I'm not a big fan of Romneys, but as previously noted -- he's the only one running against Obuma. I liked Michele B. and I think Sarah (who, by the way, just got big numbers for your Cruz candidate in Texas) would do better-----AND EITHER WOULD ALSO BE THE ONLY ONE RUNNING AGAINST OBUMA.

Let's face it dudes---and dudesses----the great majority of you would vote for about anybody short of a mass murderer before you'd allow the Obuma policies go unchecked. And that's what it all amounts to --- not the man, but his policies, agendas and executive orders; or HIS fundamental transformation on our U.S.A. [just like he said he was going to do from the beginning---but too many were paying to little attention].

Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that this is just who Romney is.....for better for worse.....

Romney is not the sort of businessman—that his brand of capitalism is not the sort of enterprise—that requires even the most elementary understanding of diplomacy, courtesy, or sensitivity to other people’s values, lives, or perceptions.

The American capitalists-turned-statesmen of an earlier generation—Douglas Dillon, Averell Harriman, Robert Lovett, John McCloy, Dean Acheson, Paul Nitze—took risks, built institutions, helped rebuild postwar Europe, befriended their foreign counterparts: in short, they cultivated an internationalist sensibility at their core. Whatever you think of their politics or Cold War policies generally (and there is much to criticize), financiers formed an American political elite in that era because finance (through the Marshall Plan, the World Bank, the IMF, and so forth) was so often the vehicle of American expansionism.

By contrast, private-equity firms, such as Bain Capital, where Romney made his fortune, tend to view their client companies as cash cows, susceptible to cookie-cutter formulas from which the firms’ partners reap lavish fees, almost regardless of the outcome. Their ends and means breed an insularity, a sense of entitlement, a disposition to view all the world’s entities through a single prism and to appraise them along a single scale.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...orldview_.html

By contrast, Politicians, such Obama and Boehner, tend to view their onstituents as cash cows, susceptible to cookie-cutter formulas from which the lobbyists pay/receive lavish fees, almost regardless of the outcome. Their ends and means breed an insularity, a sense of entitlement, a disposition to view all the world’s entities through a single prism and to appraise them along a single scale.
    there, corrected it to a more correct outcome.
    Guns don't kill people. Zombies kill people.

heh. You're just following the script that's been prepared for you.

Quote Originally Posted by haikon View Post
    there, corrected it to a more correct outcome.

Glad you posted the clip Linda, I'm liking Romney more all the time....and as for his "pit bull manager" who told the msm to kiss his ***, I really like him, I'd have said the same thing under those circumstances. It's not like they are actual journalists anymore, they are nothing but obama cheerleaders waiting for any gaff by Romney and ignoring anything bad about obama. If it were me, I'd cut all press access to future events....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

I don't plan on changing your mind LD. I'm just trying to pry it open a wee little bit. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Glad you posted the clip Linda, I'm liking Romney more all the time....and as for his "pit bull manager" who told the msm to kiss his ***, I really like him, I'd have said the same thing under those circumstances. It's not like they are actual journalists anymore, they are nothing but obama cheerleaders waiting for any gaff by Romney and ignoring anything bad about obama. If it were me, I'd cut all press access to future events....

I love seeing him getting fired up...maybe he's taking private lessons from Chris Cristy....
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams