Thread: Advice to would-be Romney running mates: Run for the hills

Advice to would-be Romney running mates: Run for the hills

http://news.yahoo.com/advice-to-woul...the-hills.html

Since naked ambition is the only bipartisan trait left in politics, however, no one takes these sorts of demurrals seriously. When someone like former primary candidate Tim Pawlenty says “Take my name off the list” for the umpteenth time, everyone assumes that he is merely trying to protect himself from the embarrassment of a high-profile rejection. (In his case, the Iowa Straw Poll was bad enough.)

But what if all these Romney refusniks are actually telling the truth? What if they made a rational calculation and concluded that the upside--sharing the history books with Spiro Agnew, seats at the best international funerals--is not worth the cost if Romney loses in the fall? We could hardly blame them. The modern history of what happens to losing vice presidential nominees is enough to make any politician recoil in horror.
    And chumps still want to vote for him.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Could it be that these clowns want the top job instead of second fiddle? Pawlenty...really, he couldnt even hold off Bachman, so he was not even on the"real" list to begin with. Nobody could be a bigger goober than Biden and we all know why he got his job. He got it because Obozo did not want anyone to upstage him, otherwise he could have put Hillary in that job, and probably should have, because it showed everyone how much of a Putz he truly is. It is also going to cost him the election this time.

So, let me understand this. There is an article talking about VP candidates and how it destroys careers, this from the snippet you posted, and you want to say that somehow it reflects poorly on Romney? Is there something that I am missing?
    BTW, I would be willing to bet that Sarah Palin is doing far better financially, and is having a huge effect on the national scene, after running as a VP candidate, thus being a significant exception to the rule. Not bad for a Hockey Mom from Wasilla, Alaska that many have tried to portray as stupid.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Right, how many people knew who Sarah was before her run.....it made her.
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams