Thread: Which 10 Extreme Politicians would you throw out?

Which 10 Extreme Politicians would you throw out?

Since we all agree that both Repubs and Dems have far left and right ideas, lets see who you think needs to go so that the middle can get something done in DC. Pick 5 or even 10 from each Political party that are on the far ends and have the kookiest ideas and see if it would help out the rest of the middle from both sides hash out their differences.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Sen. Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii), Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa), Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md)

House: Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), Chellie Pingree (D- ME), Charlie Rangel (D-NY), Lynn Woolsey (D-CA) Rush Holt, (D-NJ), Barbara Lee (D-CA) Pete Stark (D-CA), Jackie Speier (D-CA) Jesse Jackson, (D-IL) Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)

I went with the most liberal ranked Senators & Congressmen. Liberalism is what ruined Europe and what is ruining America. Liberalism enslaves the most vulnerable citizens and only makes the politicians wealthy.

Now pick 5 or 10 Repubs as well. We are trying to throw out the extremists at each end, so the Dems would be the most liberal and the Repubs would be the most conservative. That would leave the "middle ground" open so something could actually be accomplished without the idiots at both ends wrecking havoc with the entire process.

I don't see extreme right wing politicians (if there are any by my standards) wreaking havoc. Do you have any examples of an extreme conservative wreaking havoc?
    JFK was in his time a liberal, but now he would be an extreme conservative. That's just how far to the left this nation has swerved.
    If you're suggesting that moderates are the answer to our problems, I'd disagree completely. Today's issues require extreme action, not moderate milquetoast compromises.

Well the conservative side has to give up their far right folks too, so that things can be straightened out. Im not saying that the things they stand for are bad, but with some work maybe the two camps could come together and get things straightened out. The people will let the Congress know what they want, we just need to get the lead out, so that new and fresher blood can take over. Maybe Im saying the "old guard" needs to go!

Nope, I disagree. Booting Paul Ryan / Allen West out will accomplish what? If a politician takes a stand, my stand, in this case he or she should be thrown out? America was founded on people taking stands, often unpopular ones. Throw out someone who takes a stand and keep the feather in the wind politicians?
    Liberals never bend, never compromise. They are consummate politicians that always get their way, or if it's a bad day, they get some of their way. Nevertheless, liberalism advances forward with each passing day.
    Whatever Kool Aid you're drinking, I'll pass.

Anyone that spent more on their election than the job pays.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Excellent, Fred!...That would fit well with what I advocate: "If they're in, they're out"...Every last one of them spends more campaigning than the job pays...Who would do that if they weren't crooked?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Whatever Kool Aid you're drinking, I'll pass.
    Dont get me wrong Greenie, Im a conservative myself, but the ones who are stopping all progress are on both sides. I think that with money spenders taken out and those who refuse to bend on abortion rights, dont you think it takes all of the real problems out of the mix?

Just like the Libs wanting to throw Rush out, but allow the Olbermans and Air America clowns to push their brand of trash, thats ok. If they want Rush out then they need to throw their attack dogs out as well, my friend.

Then you sure must be upset with the present occupier of the WH, he spend more money...in more ways than one, and the public has never gotten less bang for their buck in our entire history. Okay Fred, you wanted a real thread,so I gave you one....is that all you got?

I often agree with your opinions, but not in this case. There's no conservative version of Barney Frank or Patrick Leahy; it's the liberal's game. They own the government. Taking out the 10 most conservative legislators, even if 10 most liberal politicians are removed will cripple the conservative movement because there's a whole lot more than 10 liberals.
    I'm all for "stopping all progress" when we're on the road to perdition.