Thread: the horse head

the horse head

my friend Ann was drooling over an antique cast metal horse head and I suggested that she just make one.... so I set out to show her it was possible

here is the set http://www.flickr.com/photos/3036187...th/6931584094/

and this is what I'm up to now, still adjusting the rust patterns

La Reina Ann's Gusto by NT Candy, on Flickr

La Reina Ann's Gusto by NT Candy, on Flickr

its a concrete sculpture and when I asked Ann what she would name a horse she said Gus, so I named this La Reina Ann's Gusto

bumpersticker by NT Candy, on Flickr

Very cool...I'm unclear on whether it's steel or concrete though...If it's concrete, what are you using for the rust color?...What does it weigh?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I can still carry it so its probably around 50 lbs. Its concrete layered over a carved polystyrene armature so its not solid. The rust effects are SOOOO cool! I bought a paint that contains iron shavings and I have 2 different acid patinas that rust the iron. One gives the old deep red rust color and the other produces the bright new rust... then it will get a matt sealant sprayed over it. neat huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndthyme View Post
    neat huh?
    Very...It reminds me of the gold leaf over tin horsey-head they found on "Storage Wars"...It was used in France at a cafe that sold horsemeat to humans......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Very...It reminds me of the gold leaf over tin horsey-head they found on "Storage Wars"...It was used in France at a cafe that sold horsemeat to humans......Ben

those are the things that inspired this one! Ann was drooling over these http://primitiverughooking.typepad.c...head-pair.html

DanH is offline Sept. 06, 1927 - May 24, 2018
    Adventurer Par Excellence!
    May He Rest In Peace
    Neato! Can you make one, for Ben , of a horse'szzass mounted on a plaque he can hang up on the wall?
    "PUSH TO FLUSH"

Quote Originally Posted by SBA View Post
    Neato! Can you make one, for Ben , of a horse'szzass mounted on a plaque he can hang up on the wall?
    it would be a really heavy mount huh? lol