Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bachmann: Perry used jobs fund to reward backers

Bachmann: Perry used jobs fund to reward backers

http://news.yahoo.com/bachmann-perry...070556392.html

Rick Perry brags that Texas has created more than 1 million jobs during his 10 years as governor, trumpeting the state's hands-off regulatory climate and business-first policies. But another part of his jobs agenda, the part that promotes investing state money in private companies, is drawing new criticism as he runs for the Republican presidential nomination.

Rival Michele Bachmann recently likened one of the deals subsidized by the Texas Enterprise Fund to Solyndra, the California energy company that went bust after receiving a $528 million loan from the federal stimulus program.

Perry's state fund "gave $35 million and a grant to a private company and there were donors in that private company," Bachmann said, referring to Perry campaign contributors. Though the company promised to create jobs, "they didn't create any," she said.
    Just when one thinks we got to dig this stuff up.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Really? You're going to post about 35 million and be absolutely quiet about 535 million obozo gave doing the same thing? Really?
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Really? You're going to post about 35 million and be absolutely quiet about 535 million obozo gave doing the same thing? Really?
    Start your own thread if you want to LD. This is about Repubs digging up dirt on each other.
    Fred

stayed alive."

Well have fun then....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams

yawn......Bachman has done what lately? Isnt she a member of the Congress that has an approval rating in the teens? And she has the audacity to point fingers at an opponent that has a working State that is actually doing good? Can we compare Texas stats to her home State stats to see if she should be running her mouth to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    yawn......Bachman has done what lately? Isnt she a member of the Congress that has an approval rating in the teens? And she has the audacity to point fingers at an opponent that has a working State that is actually doing good? Can we compare Texas stats to her home State stats to see if she should be running her mouth to begin with?
    So is it true, Tx? Where's the anger at a mention of a payoff to backers, err...investors?
    Fred

stayed alive."

If he did it, it was wrong in that context. Now......lets hear you anti up on what an idiot your Barry boy is!

Not to mention Queen Pelosi and her husband...

Not to mention Queen Pelosi and her husband...
    Try to stay on task LD. The needs new bait.
    Fred

stayed alive."

Quote Originally Posted by TxMusky View Post
    If he did it, it was wrong in that context. Now......lets hear you anti up on what an idiot your Barry boy is!
    Actually the question is what are you going to do about Perry. Start another thread on the other guy if you want.
    Fred

stayed alive."

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Actually the question is what are you going to do about Perry. .
    I'll tell you what I'm going to do....if he's up against your idiot I'm going to vote for him...

I'll tell you what I'm going to do....if he's up against your idiot I'm going to vote for him...
    Gee no Congressional investigation since it was federal funds?????
    Fred

stayed alive."

I second that. I will vote for anybody but Obozo.

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Gee no Congressional investigation since it was federal funds?????
    Maybe you need to read your own link....then get back to us...

Perry's state fund "gave $35 million and a grant to a private company and there were donors in that private company," Bachmann said, referring to Perry campaign contributors. Though the company promised to create jobs, "they didn't create any," she said.

The criticism lays bare a larger battle among conservatives about whether the government should let the free market reign or use public money to boost jobs. More specifically, the deal Bachmann attacked illustrates the murky complexities of private ventures that not only involve risk but also donations to political campaigns.

Perry spokesman Mark Miner declined to discuss the deal in question, which was with a precursor to Lexicon Pharmaceuticals. What matters, he said, is that overall "the fund has created more than 59,000 jobs and capital investment of more than $14.7 billion." Bachmann, he said, was "just throwing garbage at the wall to see if it will stick."
    Sounds like a pretty good return on that money....